Sunday, August 13, 2006

Rummikub

Today we taught Simon how to play Rummikub. He doesn't quite get that you aren't supposed to announce each piece that you pick up ("oh look, it's another blue seven!"), you're also not supposed to choose which piece you are going to pick by looking at them all ("you want this red four, Dada?") and that you are NOT supposed to announce when you have the joker ("what is THAT silly one?"). He did get that you group pieces by number or color though and he correctly placed a few pieces where they belonged without being prompted. He's so smart.
We had a pretty boring day. David and Simon were going to go to shul, but then Simon decided he just wanted to go on the porch and water the plants instead. We played outside and then ate lunch outside and then were all taking naps by 1:15. Simon didn't wake up until 5 and then we played outside on the porch some more and ate dinner out there.
After Simon's bath, we were sitting on the couch and one of my t-shirts was folded up on the edge of the couch. Simon asked what it was so I told him it was my shirt. He wanted to put it on, so he did and then he said "I Mommy now" and then he paused and said "I go wash dishes." I'm glad at least someone recognizes how often I do the dishes around here!

No comments: