Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rough Night

Last night, Simon woke up a few times screaming at the top of his lungs that his tush hurt. Poor thing. He woke up very cranky this morning because of his bad night. David dealt with him, but I heard through the monitor how difficult he was being. He came up to say hi to me wearing just a diaper and David handed me shorts and a t-shirt for him. He seemed to be in a better mood, but that changed when I tried to put the clothes on him. I eventually won, but he was still crying when David took him downstairs. He only stopped crying when David agreed to let him wear his Elmo football sweatshirt. Yes, sweatshirt when it's 80 degrees out. David told him he had to take it off as soon as he got to Yaya's house and he said ok.
When I picked him up, I was afraid I was going to hear about how difficult he was all day, but they said he was pretty well-behaved but that he was still complaining about his tush. David put him in the shower as soon as we got home since the water helps his tush feel better and then he ate his whole dinner wrapped in 2 towels sitting on my lap. He ate cucumber, a good amount of chicken and a whole lot of couscous, which apparently he loves. The towels had some too, but he actually ate most of it.
Then he put on pj's and lay down on the floor with BrrrBrrr and asked David and me to lie down too so we did that for a little while and then I read him some books before he went to sleep. I wanted to turn the page, but apparently he wasn't ready because he pushed my hand away and said "wait a minute!" He also suddenly started pointing to his mouth and saying "ow" so I asked him what was wrong and he said "there's a piece of chicken stuck there." It just sounded so grown-up.
He got into bed without any arguments, but he really wanted to sleep with his legs hanging over the side. I talked him out of it, but I think I'm going to check and make sure he is actually in his bed before I go to sleep!
Sorry about the lack of pictures--I finally remembered to charge the camera today, but then forgot to take any pictures. I will try to remember tomorrow.

No comments: