

A little while after I posted the blog this morning, Simon's teacher Megan called to say that he was fine and happy. I thought it was really nice of her to call because I was worried about him since he was so upset when I left him at school. Eli and I had a very nice day--first we went to Isis and bought a sling to carry him in. I was not a fan of slings when Simon was a baby, but I think it is now a neccessity because it is a problem when Eli needs to be held and Simon wants me to play with him. Having my hands free will be useful. The only problem is that Eli hates the sling and screams when I put him in it. Hopefully he will get used to it. After Isis, we had lunch with my friend Ellie who used to work at JCRC. Then we came home and just hung out until it was time to go pick up Simon.
When we got to school to pick him up, his class was just coming upstairs from the gym. They were all walking in a line and Simon was the leader. He was very happy to see me and told me that he had fun at school. He had eaten some of his lunch (I gave him lots of variety because I wasn't sure what he would eat and apparently he had a couple of bites of everything) and took the longest nap of anyone in his class--only an hour and a half, but that is way better than nothing!
I wanted to take him to go visit Yaya after school, but when I asked him if he wanted to go he said no. I said "are you sure you don't want to go see Yaya and Pam and Felix?" He said "Cesca will be there too?" I said probably and he said no. He didn't seem upset at all, he just didn't want to go.
So we came home and got here just as Sophia's dad was coming to pick her up. Simon and Sophia were very happy to see each other and they played on the porch for a few minutes and then we went inside. Eli was sleeping in his carseat and stayed that way for a while so Simon and I had plenty of time to play with cars and trains which apparently just never gets old. We also read some books and sat on the floor in the kitchen and ate almost an entire bag of Pirate's Booty while the fish sticks (Simon calls them fish fingers) were in the oven.
Before Simon went to bed, Sheryl came over for a few minutes. Simon calls her Auntie Sheryl and he was very happy to see her. She brought him some cookies, but we convinced him that he shouldn't look in the box until the morning. He really wanted me to put him to bed, but I had to feed Eli so he settled for David and I told him I would come give him a kiss when Eli was done. When I went into his room, he said "you blow my nose please." So I got a tissue and helped him blow his nose. He kept saying "there is still more" so we'd do it again and then he'd lie down and then immediately sit up and say "there is still more." After 4 or 5 times I guess we got it all because he just lay down and didn't get up again.
I told him that tomorrow after school we are going to go visit Joshua and sleep over at his house and I asked if he wants to sleep in Joshua's room with him. Simon said "yes and Ducky will be there too?" I explained to him that Joshua isn't at Ducky's house but that we are going to Joshua's house. I said "Joshua doesn't live with Ducky" and Simon said "no, I live with Ducky!"
I just spent the past hour trying to get Eli to go to sleep. He's now asleep in the swing and I'm trying to decide whether to move him to the bassinet, to leave him in the swing and go to sleep on the couch or to leave him in the swing and go upstairs to my bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment