Thursday, September 21, 2006

Haircut



Simon stayed at school until 4 today and when I picked him up I asked him if he wanted to go get a haircut which he desperately needed. I fully expected him to say no, but he very happily said yes. Clearly he just wanted a lollipop. On the way to Snip Its, he said "where are we going to?" I reminded him that we were going to get a haircut. He said "Dr. Roth will be there?" Somehow he has associated doctors visits and haircuts with each other--probably because there is usually a lollipop at the end of both types of visits. He was great while he was getting his hair cut. He kept looking at himself in the mirror and making faces and sticking out his tongue. It took a little bit longer than he wanted it to and eventually he kept telling the haircutter "I all done now." He got a blue lollipop and a tiny jar of play-dough because he was so good.
When we got home, Simon watched Thomas while I fed Eli and made hot dogs for dinner. When Thomas was almost over, Simon walked over to the tv and was looking intently at the DirecTV box and the home theater system box. On top of the home theater was the case to a Thomas DVD. Simon picked it up and held it to his ear. Then he looked confused and put it down and bent down and put his ear close to the home theater box and then the DirecTV box. He was trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. I pointed out the speaker that's right in front of the tv and explained that the sound comes from there.
Simon wolfed down his hot dog and then ate some pirate's booty for dessert. He also tasted the potatoes from the delicious brisket that I made for Rosh Hashana. I hope it's still good by the time we actually eat it. I'm not much of a cook-in-advance-and-freeze person, but I have so much to cook that I had to do it.
After dinner, David gave Simon a bath and I read him stories and put him to bed. He was in a great mood and was being really funny. After he was in bed, I gave Eli a bath and fed him and put him to bed too. He really loves having a bath. He was cranky and crying until I put him in the tub and then he immediately relaxed and was very happy. He was asleep in his bassinet at 9pm and now it is 11pm so I'm sure he'll be up soon--probably as soon as I go to sleep, which I'm going to do as soon as I make Simon's lunch for tomorrow.

No comments: