Monday, September 11, 2006

Double Stroller Debut






Shabbos was very exciting because we used the double stroller for the first time to go to the Galpers' for lunch. David was not so sure of my ability to put the stroller together which made me mad, but he was justified when one wheel fell off. Simon gave the stroller rave reviews, but Eli hated it and screamed so much that David ended up carrying him almost the whole way there and back. It does fold up really easily though. We had a fun time at the Galpers' house and Simon enjoyed playing with Elan as usual. The Roths were there too but Simon didn't pay much attention to Emma. Eli didn't play with anyone, but he did sleep for most of the time.
When we got home, David and I were determined to make Simon nap. David lay down with him and it took a very long time, but eventually he went to sleep sometime around 5 or 5:30 and slept until 7:30. Eli and I napped for a while too. Even though Simon slept until 7:30, he was still in bed by 9 since he was so tired from never napping anymore. I thought he'd sleep late this morning, but he was up at the ungodly hour of 6:45. I had no reason to complain because David gave Eli 2 bottles in a row last night and I slept from 10:30 until 5:30. I actually thought Eli slept through the night until David told me that he fed him twice.
Simon watched Thomas while I went back to sleep on the couch and then David and Eli came downstairs and we all watched tv for a little while and then David and Simon went to Dunkin Donuts. I didn't want anything, but they brought me a chocolate donut anyway because Simon insisted.
Then Ducky came over to play with Simon while David, Eli and I had sheva brachos to go to for Dani and Ayala. Ducky took Simon to her house and we picked him up after the sheva brachos. He didn't really want to come home with us and then didn't want to take a nap, but he ended up getting into bed without even a story or song and he slept from 2 until 5:15 when I woke him up. He watched a few minutes of football with David and Chucky and then I took him to the park. We had a great time--first we played in the sand with some trucks, then we played soccer in the field and then we did some climbing and then Simon played more soccer and catch with a little boy named Tommy (or it might have been his twin brother Johnny) who we have seen in the park before.
After the park, we ate dinner and then Simon had a bath and I put him to bed. He told me that he wanted to go to the park and play soccer again, so I said we could go tomorrow. He said "I want my Ducky and my Papu to be on my team."

No comments: