



Simon had a very exciting day today. He had a good day at school and was extra happy to see me when I picked him up because I didn't have Eli with me. He seemed a little bit concerned at first and asked "where is baby brudder?" I said he's at home (purposely not mentioning that he was at home with Ducky) and Simon gave me a huge smile and a big hug. As we were leaving, his teacher Megan told me that Simon has been trying to bite the girls in the class. He hasn't succeeded yet and he only targets the girls. I did not mention his history as a biter and when we got to the car I said to Simon "what do we say about biting?" He said, "no biting." I asked him why he tried to bite someone and he looked a little bit insulted and said very seriously "I not bite anyone." So I asked why Megan told me that he tried to and he said "I not bite. I just playing." I told him that he can't play with his mouth and teeth close to other people. He said "why? they no like it?" I said people only like kisses and not bites. He said ok, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. When we left school, Simon ran straight to the gazebo even though Andrew had left with his grandmother already. Simon said "I play here with Andrew" and then he said "where is Andrew?" as if he just noticed that Andrew wasn't there.
We went straight from school to art class where Simon played with clay, painted, and decorated 2 crowns with lots and lots of glue. Then he baked yummy gingersnaps and ran around the room in circles while everyone else was having music. They weren't singing any songs that he knows so he got pretty bored. Then we came home so that he could have a nap. I told him that he had to have a very good nap so that he could go to the Red Sox game with Dada. We talked about how Hiroki loves the Red Sox and then Simon said "I no like Red Sox. I only like Cubbies." David has taught him well, I guess. When I was putting him in for his nap, I told him that he was going to go on the choo-choo to the game. He said he wanted to go on the blue choo-choo. I told him that the blue choo-choo actually goes to the airport and that he was going to go on the green one. He didn't say anything about that but then started to cry when I left the room. I went back and asked him what was wrong and he said "I really want to go on blue choo-choo." I really wanted him to nap so I told him that he could go on the blue one. He said "I don't want to go to the airport" so I had to tell him that the blue one would go to the game and the green one to the airport.
Luckily, when he actually went on the train, he really didn't care what color it was. He had a great time at the game with David and had some ice cream and some crackerjacks. When he got home, he told me "I went to Fenway. Big Papi did BIG hit."
When I was getting him some chocolate milk before he went to bed, he saw the Stop & Shop logo on the container, pointed to it and said "that says gas." Impressive because we sometimes stop at the Stop & Shop gas station but haven't in a long time. He's really good at recognizing logos--he knows Red Sox and Sesame Street too.
No comments:
Post a Comment