Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Chair


Today Eli got a big box in the mail. Simon and I opened it and when Simon saw what was inside he said "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THAT!" It was a very cool chair with its own ottoman from the Needles, the Amsters, the Bodeks, the Saltzmans and the Goldins (thanks guys--we love it!!) Simon thinks that it is for him, and he sat in it and watched 2 episodes of Thomas. He did let Eli sit with him for a few minutes.
We had a very long afternoon today because once again Simon didn't nap. He had a good morning at school and on the way out he played with his friend Andrew in the gazebo. They were running in circles and having fun, but it had to end when they accidentally trampled Andrew's little sister. When we went home, Simon was happy to see that Ducky was here and she made him lunch and then played with him for a little while until "naptime." That belongs in quotes because he didn't actually nap. I tried everything including letting him cry, but he sounded so pathetic and I was afraid he was going to think that I abandoned him so I called back to him from the living room that I wasn't coming in and that he had to go to sleep. He responded with "but I don't WANT to go to SLEEEEEEEEP." I let that go on for about 10 minutes and then gave up. We watched a lot of Thomas and then at 4:30 I asked Simon if he wanted to go visit Yaya. We had talked about it earlier and he wanted to, but then when it was time to go he said he didn't want to. I wonder if it's because before his failed nap, I told him that he had to take a good nap if he wanted to go see Yaya because she'd be mad if he had a bad nap. Hopefully he doesn't now think that Yaya is mad at him.
Since he didn't want to go, we had a snack instead and then I was very relieved when David called around 5 because I thought he was calling to say he was on his way home. No such luck, he was calling to say he was going to be home late and he wasn't sure exactly when. I couldn't bear the thought of watching more Thomas and was feeling guilty for making Simon watch so much tv instead of doing something fun, so I asked him if he wanted to go get a slurpee. He did, so we loaded up the double stroller and off we went. Eli didn't cry the entire time that he was in the stroller, just when it stopped moving. We went to 7-11 and Simon got a red slurpee and we also bought some milk. I decided to be a little bit ambitious and we stopped at Shaws on the way home because we didn't have any food to eat for dinner. It is not fun to push a huge double stroller complete with groceries in the basket up a huge hill!
We bumped into Alan (my boss) on the way home. Actually, I pulled my stalker move again because I saw him drive by us into his parking lot and I called him so he came to say hi and walked us home, which was great because he carried the stroller up the stairs and brought the groceries inside. I hadn't figured out exactly how I was going to do all that by myself so I'm glad I didn't have to.
Eli sat nicely in his bouncy seat while Simon and I played with trains for a little bit and then Simon ate 1 and 1/2 chicken hot dogs for dinner. I made him green beans too and he ate a few but then spit most of them out because he didn't like them. Then we played some more until David finally got home a little after 7. Then he gave Simon a bath and put him to bed.
Tomorrow Simon and I are going to art class after school--I'm very excited. I told Simon about it and I'm not sure how excited he is because he said "can we play baseball there? And tennis?" I guess he doesn't know what art is.

1 comment:

Arica said...

So glad Simon likes the chair. Hopefully he will share it with Eli one of these days!
I am a big fan of your stalker moves...very ala Lonbon!