

Happy New Year to everyone! We had a great Rosh Hashana with Savti and Zayde who came to stay with us. Eli is now very attached to his Savti and she might have to come back because she is the best at getting him to go to sleep. On Friday, after school Savti, Simon, Eli and I went to Dunkin Donuts for lunch and Savti introduced Simon to the joys of pink milk. He also ate about 2 bites of a bagel with jelly and then really wanted a sprinkle donut but they didn't have any. He pointed to the one in the picture on the wall and said "oh, there is one!" Unfortunately he couldn't eat that one, so he settled for a chocolate stick. He took a really long nap and then stayed up for dinner so that he could have apples and honey.
On Saturday, we all went to shul and Julia met us there to babysit for the boys. This was a good arrangement and it meant that Simon didn't have to sit in shul and be quiet for the whole time (not that there was any chance of him doing that anyway). On Sunday in shul, he heard the shofar and when it was very quiet he yelled "AGAIN!" And then later on he yelled "NOT AGAIN" so I had to take him out. He was exhausted by the time shul was over on Sunday, but we went to Ducky's house for lunch and he refused to nap there, but not for lack of trying.
This morning, David left very early, so Simon had breakfast with Zayde and then we said goodbye to Savti and Zayde and watched them drive away. I somehow managed to get the boys and myself dressed and into the car and got Simon to school a little bit before 8:30. He started to whimper a little bit and didn't want me to leave, but then I said that I would pick him up right before lunch and he said ok and happily went with Megan to look at the sand table. He was very happy when I picked him up and he and Andrew played in the gazebo and then we went home to eat lunch.
After lunch, we went to music class which is in the church that is right near Yaya's house. When we got out of the car and started walking to the door of the church, Simon said "we not going to Yaya's house now?" I wasn't sure whether he'd realize where we were, but apparently he did. He was quiet at first in music class, but he warmed up and was dancing and having a great time. We listened to the new cd on the way home, but he mostly just wanted to hear the Hello song over and over again.
Eli screamed for most of the way home and then fell asleep and luckily stayed asleep long enough for me to put Simon in for a nap. Simon was exhausted and I think he fell asleep before I even shut the door to his room. I woke him around 4:30 so that we could go to Yaya's house for birthday cake for Yaya's birthday. Simon was a little bit cranky when he first woke up and didn't want to talk to any of his friends. He cheered up after a few minutes and ran to ride bikes with Francesca, Silvia, Felix and Hiroki. Maria was there too and she immediately took Eli from me and held him the whole time which was nice. Of course he didn't cry at all until she gave him back to me! When Francesca's grandparents came to pick her up, her grandmother stayed in the car, but she saw Simon at the gate so she yelled hi to him. He got so excited and was waving and yelling "HI MIMI!!" She told him that she misses him and he said "yeah, I miss you too!" It's fun to go visit there, but Francesca, Silvia and Hiroki are all leaving soon, so Simon isn't really going to know any of the kids anymore so it probably won't be as much fun. I love seeing Hiroki because he always gives me a hug and says "Hi Simon's Mommy."
After Yaya's house, we came home and had dinner, a bath and bed. We read the book that Sheryl gave Simon and he opened it to where she inscribed it and said "this says Sheryl and this says Simon" while pointing to the right words. I was impressed that he got it right because he usually thinks any word that starts with the letter S says Simon.
No comments:
Post a Comment