Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School

Today was Simon's sort-of first day of school. Only sort-of because I stayed with him the whole time, so the real first day is tomorrow. He seemed to like it and he had fun playing with all the toys and some of the other kids. There was a 4 sided easel that had clear sides, so Simon and 2 other kids climbed in the middle of it and decided that they were fish in a fish tank. That was Simon's idea. There were a lot of kids and parents and it was a little bit overwhelming (more for me than for Simon I think), but the teachers seem very nice. One is Israeli and the other 2 I'm pretty sure aren't Jewish, but supposedly they know the Jewish curriculum. There seem to be a lot of Israeli kids in the class some of whom don't speak English, so I think Simon will learn some Hebrew. He already knows that his Hebrew name is Shimon (sometimes he forgets and the other day when I asked him his Hebrew name, he said "Shalem"--close enough since Shalem is his friend who lives in Israel and speaks Hebrew so somehow he made the connection) and he can identify the letter "shin for Shimon."
When we got home, Eli was still sleeping, so Simon and I went down to the basement and put together the double-stroller. We put it together successfully, but I couldn't get the garage door to open so we now can't get the stroller out of the basement! I guess we aren't going for a walk today. When Eli woke up, Simon ate a veggie burger while I fed Eli and then we watched Thomas and then I read Simon a book and put him in his bed. I hear him talking and playing, but hopefully he will go to sleep. Before he went to sleep, he was looking out the window and he said "I need a ladder, need to get somekin from the roof." I asked him what he needed to get from the roof and he said "just somekin." I love the way he says that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so EEEElai looks like his father even more than Simon What a cutie? We need more pictures take more pictures!!!!!!!!!! AAA Savti