Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Friday night we went to the Galpers for dinner and Simon had a great time with Elan as usual. I think Simon likes playing with younger kids sometimes because he gets to boss them around. We didn't get home until after 9 and Simon went to bed close to 10. He slept until 9:45 in the morning! Too bad Eli hasn't adopted Simon's sleeping habits yet because he also went to bed late but he still woke up at 6:45. David got up with him and had put him back to bed for his nap and got to sleep for another hour himself before Simon woke up! David and Simon went for a walk with Jesse before lunch. I could hear them from a block away on their way back because Simon was crying hysterically. He couldn't even talk because he was crying so hard and David and Jesse said that they had no idea what was wrong with him. It was clear to me immediately as soon as I touched his hands which were bright red and freezing. Apparently he had taken off his gloves and then his hands got so cold that they started to hurt but he was crying too hard to tell David what was wrong. I showed him that he could put his hands next to the heater which was warm but not hot and that would make them feel better. He did that and then said very sadly "and my feet are freezing also" so we put them on the heater too. He cheered up pretty quickly and we ate lunch and then Ben, Gab and Harrison Sigel came over because they were looking at the house next door. They stayed for a little while and Simon played nicely with Harrison who is 16 months old and so cute. Harrison tripped over a toy and fell down and Simon said "oh no are you ok?" and was very concerned. After the Sigels left, David and Simon napped until Shabbos was over. I cleaned up the kitchen and then lay down for 10 minutes and then Eli woke up. I had slept really late in the morning so it was ok though.
This morning David and Simon went to BJ's and Eli and I took a very good nap. They came home with a big garbage truck for Simon and he told me "I am a garbage boy, Daddy is a garbage man and you are a garbage girl" and then he was calling me "Garbage Girl" for the next few hours. The truck came with a DVD about garbage trucks so we watched that while we ate lunch. Eli went for yet another nap around 2 and I thought Simon would nap too because he told me that he would (I should learn that when he says he will take a nap he never does and when he puts up a fight he actually goes to sleep) and he stayed in his room for about 45 minutes and then came out and said "I all done. I had a little nap and now I'm done sleeping." He entertained himself while I did some cleaning and David finished putting the handles on the drawers in the dining room which was a big ordeal that took him the entire afternoon.
Hillary, Farren and Zachary came over for dinner. Simon and Zachary had a fantastic time together--they shared and took turns with various toys very nicely. They sat on the couch and watched about 10 minutes of Ice Age together while the adults were finishing dinner. They were sitting next to each other on the couch, each holding a car and having a very serious conversation about something. We couldn't hear them until Zachary said "and now I will go eat some pizza" and then he came into the dining room. They were taking turns riding on Simon's yellow hummer and when it was Zachary's turn, Simon ran after him saying "wait, you forgot your luggage!" and then they loaded up the trunk with lots of different things. The Isaacs left around 9 and Simon had a bath and went to bed. Eli couldn't even stay up that late and went to bed around 7:30. David is watching the Bears game and I am trying hard to stay up but I don't think I am going to make it to midnight!
Happy 2007 to all our loyal readers!

No comments: