Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Day in Israel

I did eventually fall back to sleep early this morning and then woke up at almost 1pm! I thought something was wrong with my watch and that there was no way I had slept that long and that David and the kids were still sleeping. There was nothing wrong with my watch...we did actually sleep that late and had to wake up the boys.
David went to Jerusalem to see about buying a car (we are actually getting it tomorrow, which is very exciting) and Arica and I took Simon, Eli and Danya to the shopping center in Modiin to buy some clothes since our luggage is apparently never coming. I bought some weird Israeli looking pants. Then we went to the cell phone store where it literally took 2 hours for me to get a cell phone. The kids were mostly well-behaved during that time and only got yelled at by the security guard a few times. Simon and Danya had the following conversation:
Simon: what's your name?
Danya: Mary Jane (like that song...what's your name, Mary Jane, where do you live, down the drain...)
Simon: Mary Jane, you stand on that flower and I will stand on this one
Danya: wait, my name isn't Mary Jane, it is Danya!
Simon: Oh, you said Mary Jane.
Eventually David showed up with Jordy and while I was still dealing with the cell phone, David and Arica took all the kids to a play area in the shopping center. It was way better than any play area that I've been to in America (maybe because you had to pay to get in) and the kids had a fantastic time. Simon spent about 15 minutes playing a video game with 2 Israeli kids.
We were going to go out for dinner, but it got too late so we bought some meat to barbecue and had a yummy dinner and the kids went to bed way too late again. I wonder how late we will sleep tomorrow!

No comments: