Monday, June 25, 2007

Park Ra'anana





We arrived in Ra'anana yesterday afternoon and we're now staying with David's cousin Vered for about a week until we move into our apartment. We went out for a quick early dinner last night and then put the kids to bed and David made another trip back to Hashmonaim to pick up some of our luggage.
This morning, our plan was to go to Misrad HaPanim to get our ID cards. We went to the one in Kfar Saba because it is the closest and it seemed from the website that we could go to that one, but unfortunately, it wasn't actually the right place and we needed to go to the one in Herzliya. It was already 11:00 by the time we figured that out and it closes at 12, so we decided to hold off and we will go tomorrow.
Simon was getting very cranky and unruly, so we decided to go to the mall and walk around and have lunch. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and then came back to Vered's to try to get the kids to nap. I interviewed a potential babysitter who I really liked and the kids seemed to like her too. Eventually Eli took a nap, but Simon did not. David went to Tel Aviv to see his friend Andy from England and when he came back, I took Simon to Park Ra'anana to meet up with Debbie Nussbaum and her 2 kids, Maya and Orly. The park is AMAZING. It's gigantic and has lots of stuff to do. Simon was in heaven and couldn't stop running around. I don't know where he has the energy to run around so much when it's 90 degrees outside, but he had a great time. I took some cute pictures, but I can't post any of them from Vered's computer so it's going to have to wait until we are in our apartment with our internet set up so who knows when that will be--sorry!!
Yesterday Simon said to me "are we going to our house now?" I said "which house? Our Rawson Road house?" He said "no, the house with those kids. What were their names?" I said "do you mean Danya and Jordy's house?" He said "yes, I want to go back to their house." He's asked a few more times to go back there...Arica, that means we will see you soon! I think Simon has a big crush on Danya.
Simon is also definitely ready to start school. He has started asking "am I going to Gan Frieda today?" I guess he realizes that he's not going to the JCC! I left Frieda a message today so hopefully he will actually start soon. I think he is getting really bored of us. Tomorrow after the Misrad HaPanim we might check out the local pool so hopefully that will be fun.

1 comment:

Arica said...

We missed you guys today too! Simon left some cars in the attic that Danya played with and Jordy was very disappointed when "Simon and the baby boys" weren't at our house. You also left your century old lollipops that my kids keep eating!