Sunday, June 17, 2007

In Transit

We actually managed to finish packing (really David did the finishing up because the boys and I slept at my parents on Thursday night) and make it to NY. Simon and I flew on Friday morning after stopping at the Consulate to pick up our visas. Simon was excellent on the flight. It was a little plane, with 1 seat on one side and 2 on the other. Simon spent some of the time sitting in the 1 seat by himself. He spent the rest of the time opening and closing his armrest and pulling out the tray table and putting it back in. Luckily it was only a 35 minute flight.
Auntie Huvi picked us up at the airport and Simon spent the rest of the day having a great time with his cousins. David and Eli arrived around 6 and we all had a very relaxing Shabbos, particularly me because I went to take a nap around 2:00 and told David he could wake me in an hour. He didn't wake me and I slept until 6:30!!
Simon and Ezra have been playing pretty well together with some fighting and sharing issues. They were playing outside by themselves for a few minutes and I went to get them just in time to see Ezra making a big doody on the lawn and Simon was watching in astonishment. David asked Simon what he said when Ezra started to do that and Simon said "I told him no but he just did it." Coby shared his Hot Wheels cars with Simon and they spent a long time counting them and I think Coby taught him how to count to 97. Simon is also becoming less scared of the dog (who is only slightly bigger than Eli). Eli loves the dog and thinks it's hilarious when she licks his face. I think it is gross.
Tomorrow, Mama and Judy and Sarah, Jon and Joshua are coming over in the morning and then we head to the airport around 2. Wish us luck...next post from Israel!!
Oh, I almost forgot...on Friday, Uncle Andy stopped by to say goodbye to us. Ezra looked at him and said "I want to give that grandpa a hug!" Uncle Andy was not amused! When he left, Ezra said "bye, Grandpa."

1 comment:

Arica said...

Good luck! We will see you on the other side!