



We had a great first Shabbos (I guess I should start saying Shabbat) in Israel. We stayed in Jerusalem with Mic and Ayla at Ayla's grandmother's apartment. The Levines stayed in the neighborhood as well and we all had lunch together. Before we went to Jerusalem on Friday, we met Dodi and Marc for a quick brunch. We're really looking forward to spending time with all of the cousins here--they have 10 million kids so I'm sure it will be fun for Simon too. I think this coming Shabbat we are going to go to Marci's.
We got to Jerusalem in the early afternoon and Simon and Shalem had a great time playing together. At one point, Shalem kept saying something to Simon in Hebrew and finally Simon just looked at him and said "I don't speak Hebrew!!" They mostly got along really well and had only a few sharing issues. Simon picked up a few Hebrew words and Shalem got to practice his English.
It was too hot to go outside for most of the day, but Mic and David took the kids to the park in the morning and then we all went again (except David who was sleeping) around 7pm when it had cooled off a little bit.
Last night, Eli and Amitz both decided it was a good idea to be up from 4am until almost 6am. I was kind of glad that Amitz was up too because that way Mic was also up so I had company. We watched bad tv--there is nothing on in the middle of the night.
We planned to go to the Misrad HaPanim (Ministry of the Interior) this morning to get our Israeli ID cards (don't panic--we get them as temporary residents, we did not make Aliyah) but we have to go to the one in Herziliya and everyone told us that if we didn't leave Jerusalem at 5:30am then we shouldn't go until after 10am or we'd get stuck in horrible traffic. We ended up not leaving until around noon so we missed our window (the office is only open from 8-12) and we'll have to go tomorrow.
We came back to Arica and Josh's and Simon helped Josh and David wash the cars. We're hanging out here for a bit and then we will probably stop at Judah and Karen's and then head to Ra'anana, which I must say I am excited to see since I haven't been there since 1995!
No comments:
Post a Comment