Yesterday the plan was to take Simon to his school, Gan Frieda, at 10 and then stay with him until 10:30 when we would leave to go to our appointment at Misrad HaPanim. I took him to the school and David took Eli to get coffee (Eli needs his caffeine in the morning). Simon immediately got very shy and insisted that I hold him the whole time and he didn't want to do anything with the other kids who were having music class. Frieda is super-nice and she tried hard to get him to talk to her, which he eventually started to do. He didn't want to stay by himself so I ended up taking him with me and Frieda suggested that I bring him back today at 11:30 and then stay for a little while and then only leave him for a little while before I pick him up at 1.
After Gan Frieda, we went back to Misrad HaPanim for the third time. Our appointment was at 11, but that clearly didn't mean anything. We only had to wait until 11:30 and then it took about an hour to get everything done, but we left with our brand new Israeli ID cards! They are a different color than the "real" ones because we are only temporary residents, but it's still pretty cool! And now I can stop carrying our passports around with us wherever we go.
When we left the office, we went back to Vered's to have lunch and then we left to pick up a rental car and then go in two cars to the airport to pick up Huvi and Freddy and the kids. It took forever to get to the airport because there was so much traffic, but we finally got there and Simon had a very happy reunion with Ezra. The first thing Ezra said to me was "Hi...you left your other car at my house!" Also, apparently on the plane when they landed, Ezra yelled "yay, we are in Hawaii!" Huvi and Ezra came in the car with me and the boys and David took Freddy, Alli and Coby in the rental car which drives way better than our car that can barely make it up the hills to Jerusalem. Simon and Ezra were having their own conversation, but then suddenly Simon started to cry. It took a long time before I could understand what he was saying, but he was upset because he was saying "pick up truck" and Ezra was saying "peeeck up truck." He also tried to convince Ezra to unbuckle him "for a second" but luckily I saw in the rearview mirror what was going on and told him not to.
We were basically in the car for 5 hours going to the airport, driving the Cohens to Jerusalem and then driving back to Ra'anana. Eli was not a happy camper by the time we got back! Simon was not feeling very well and almost threw up with his one bite of dinner. I set him up watching his Hot Wheels movie on the laptop in bed. He woke up this morning feeling better, although he is still refusing to eat. I'm trying to decide whether to take him to school or not.
It's 9:45am and David and Eli just woke up a few minutes ago, so we now have to figure out what we want to do today. David starts work on Sunday, so we only have a couple more days of vacation:(
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment