Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Misrad HaPanim Take Two







This morning we went straight to Misrad HaPanim in Herzilya and waited for over an hour for our turn only to find out that we actually needed to make an appointment. We made an appointment for tomorrow at 11. My guess is that we will still have to wait a million hours even with the appointment.
From there, David and Eli dropped me and Simon off at Simon friend Yoavi's grandmother's house. Yoavi is in town from Boston with his dad, so they got to have a playdate. It all started off very well and they were so excited to see each other. They played really nicely for a while and had some ice cream. Then, they had a big fight over a horse and that's when all hell broke loose! I've never seen such gigantic temper tantrums. They both just totally lost it and were screaming at the top of their lungs. Yoavi's grandmother and I just kind of looked at each other and laughed, thinking it would blow over, but it didn't! I called David to come back and get us because they clearly weren't going to calm down. Simon almost threw up and hyperventilated because he was crying so hard. They did both calm down eventually, but when David called to say that he was there to get us, Simon practically ran out of the house. He got to the car and told David that he had fun.
Based on Simon's breakdown, we decided to go back to Vered's for lunch and naps. Simon insisted that he didn't need a nap because he wasn't tired, but after a little while, he got his BrrBrr and his blanket and lay down on the couch and went to sleep. I took a nap too, as did Eli. When we all got up, around 5:30, we decided to go to Tel Aviv to have dinner and go to the beach. Simon and Eli were in great moods after their good naps, so we had a really fun time. I wish I could post the pictures!
We went to a restaurant called Toscana that turned out to have a very frummy clientele. Two really frummy girls thought I worked there as I walked by them, probably because I was wearing pants and did not look like the rest of the people eating there!! The food wasn't that great. It was really close to the beach, so after dinner we walked to the beach and played there for a while and watched the sunset. At first Simon didn't want to go near the water, saying that it would be too cold. We explained to him that this is the Mediterranean Sea and it is much warmer than the Atlantic Ocean that he is used to. He was pleasantly surprised to feel how warm it was on his feet.
We got back close to 9 and gave the kids quick showers and put them to bed. I don't know how they could sleep given that the school right next to Vered's apartment was having a graduation and it sounded like they were in the apartment with us. Simon liked the music though (he kept saying "oh, this is my favorite song!") and said that it was going to help him fall asleep.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Ella has been having knock-down, drag-out, red-faced, foaming-at-the-mouth tantrums for a week. I am ready to sell her cheap. I'm so glad to hear she's not the only one!