Thursday, June 14, 2007

Packing is Not Fun



I really hate packing. Just wanted to share that bit of information. Also, if anyone out there is planning on leaving the country anytime soon and doesn't already have a passport, I highly recommend going immediately to the passport office and paying extra for the expedited service. Despite the fact that I sent away for my own passport to be renewed and for Eli's passport months and months ago, mine just arrived yesterday and today David had to drive up to New Hampshire to pick up Eli's so that we can go to the Consulate tomorrow to get our visas since it takes them 24 hours to process them--we have to go tomorrow to give them the forms and then go back on Friday morning to pick them up. I'm basically going to pick them up on the way to the airport to go to NY on Friday--how's that for waiting until the last possible minute!!
I asked Simon if he is sad to say goodbye to his friends and he said "no, it's not sad. I am going to Israel. I love Israel!" He doesn't seem to be all that bothered by the fact that all of his toys and much of our furniture have been packed and moved away. He thinks it's so funny that the tv is now on the floor and that the whole house is a maze of boxes and trash bags.
Today David picked up the kids and took them to Tori's birthday party and then we all went to a barbecue at Ahron and Sheera's house with Ducky and Papu too. Simon loves going there and he played very nicely with Aleeza and Yakira. Yakira showed us all her science experiment--she gave us a whole long explanation about what a hovercraft is and something about friction and it was really cute.
After the kids went to bed, Gab came over to help pack and then Jesse and Yael came to collect the couch cushions and the rocking chair. Yael and Gab cleaned out the pantry closet and took much of the food. I'm saving a few random unopened cans of things and I hardly had to throw anything out, so that was good. I did find one package of corn muffin mix that expired in 2001, which means that we moved it with us twice! I don't know why I ever thought I was going to make corn muffins.
Anyway, time to go to sleep because the electrician is coming at 7am to fix the light in our bedroom that David has been saying for months that he can fix himself...
The pictures are from Eli's last day at Yaya's house. The other cute baby is his girlfriend Amanda who is usually much happier than she looks in these pictures!

No comments: