Today when I picked up Simon at school, the kids were having snack and apparently they were talking about good manners. Simon informed me "we don't talk with food in our mouths and we don't chew with our mouths open or we will choke." Zahava asked me if she could come to our house. She asks me that every day so I told her that I would call her mom and we would try to make a playdate before we move. Then she and Simon had the following conversation:
Zahava: I'm going to come to your house.
Simon: Yeah, my mommy is going to call your mommy so that you can come over.
Zahava: I will go in your car and I will go in your baby's carseat.
Simon (looking concerned): You are way too big and you won't fit!
Zahava: Yeah, I'll just fit. It will be ok.
Simon: I don't think you will fit, but my mommy will call your mommy and your mommy will bring you to my house, ok?
We happened to bump into Zahava's mom in the parking lot, so hopefully we will get them together next week before we go.
We picked up Eli at Yaya's house and Simon joined Felix and Silvia (who happened to be there today) for popsicles. They reverted to their old habits for a moment and they each held up their popsicles and loudly declared "SAME! We have the SAME!"
When we got home, Simon threw a fit almost as big as yesterday's fit about the tub, but this time it was because I didn't take Eli's carseat out of the car. Luckily, Harrison was just getting home as well and he distracted Simon and made him forget about his temper tantrum. They played in the driveway and then Simon asked me if Harrison could come over for dinner. We decided to have a picnic on our porch. Gab went home to get some yogurt for Harrison and I took the boys inside to help me make eggs. They weren't actually much help, but they each ate some eggs and some yogurt. Hopefully Eli isn't allergic to eggs--this was the first time he had them and he seemed to like them!
Tomorrow David and Eli are leaving at the crack of dawn to go to Chicago to see Grandma Sarah for the day. Simon will be my date for the end-of-the-year barbecue at the JCC tomorrow evening.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment