Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lunch Date

Today Eli went to Yaya's house for the whole day, so Simon and I spent some quality time together this afternoon. But first, in the morning while he was at school, I made significant progress on the packing front thanks to my friend Elan who spent 2 hours helping me pack and we did the entire dining room and about 1/3 of the kitchen. Basically, he is my new favorite person.
I picked up Simon at noon and we went out for pizza for lunch. We bumped into Zachy and Brookie at Eilat, but they were already finishing their lunch so we only talked to them for a few minutes and then Simon and I had a very nice lunch date together. I asked him for a bite of the 2nd half of his pizza and he said "no, you already ate yours, this is mine." Then I guess he felt bad because he handed me the crust of his first piece and said "you can have this crunchy part. I don't like that part."
After lunch we went to Magic Beans to buy birthday presents for Bailey and Mia to send to Savti to bring up to Canada. Simon really wanted a toy, so I told him he could pick something small and cheap. Everything he wanted was big and expensive, but he finally settled on a grabber that he has been wanting for a long time since he played with one at Ezra's house. It was getting close to time for sports class and I didn't want to go home first, so we ran into Children's Place to buy a pair of shorts for sports class because it had gotten much warmer out. Simon grabbed the shorts with his grabber and then carried the bag almost all the way back to the car with the grabber.
Today was the last Sports Class--they played basketball, but Simon missed most of it because twice he had to go to the bathroom and the second time he took forever and then insisted on stopping at the vending machine to show me which snack he was going to get after class. We had some m&m's after and watched the swimmers and then came home. Simon was watching Backyardigans and I was on the phone with Julia when I suddenly heard him giggling and pressing the TiVo buttons. He had figured out how to fast-forward and he thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Ducky came over for a little bit and I did some more packing (I packed toys and then suddenly Simon NEEDED every single thing that I packed, even the things that he hasn't played with in months) and then went to pick up Eli. We ate spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and then the boys had a bath and Simon had a HUGE fit because I took Eli out of the tub first. He cried and screamed for a good 1/2 hour. The whole time Eli was watching him very intrigued and at one point crawled over to him and sort of stroked his face. Simon did not appreciate that and yelled at him to go get back in the tubby so that he could get out first! Ducky saved the day by coming back over for a few minutes on her way home from a meeting. She and Simon had a pillow fight which made him much happier.
I put Eli to bed and then Simon and I played computer games until David got home a few minutes ago and put Simon to bed. I guess I should get back to packing...

No comments: