

Thursday was a busy day. In the morning, Huvi, Alli, Ariella and I headed out in one car to Jerusalem to go to Meah Shearim and the Old City. Stupidly, we didn't bring any cameras with us so we have no pictures. But we were there, I promise!
We left David with the 3 little kids but he was resourceful and took them to Modiin to go bowling with the Fishmans and the Brodys. They all had a great time. He kept texting us pictures to let us know that he was coping. We were proud.
Eventually, we all met up at Rocky's house in Alon Shvut for the annual Fishman family Chanukah party with all the millions of cousins. As always, it was a ton of fun with a ton of food! Huvi, Alli and I got there late because of traffic and I didn't even see Simon for the first hour that we were there because he was so busy playing downstairs with the cousins. Uncle Jerry and Auntie Judy gave each kid an envelope with some money in it (obviously with different amounts depending on the age of the kid)...Eli opened up his envelope and found 10 shekels in small coins. He LOVES coins so his entire face lit up and he said "Mommy, look at all these monies!!!!" He insisted on holding them all for the rest of the time. Somehow, he actually managed to not lose any of them.
At the end of the party, Huvi and Alli went with Dodi and Marc to a Bat Mitzvah. Since there was no one from Ra'anana going, they were only going to get a ride back as far as Beit Shemesh, so David drove Dodi and Marc's kids home to Beit Shemesh and just hung out with them until after the Bat Mitzvah. That left me to drive home alone with Simon, Eli and Madi. This was no easy feat...first of all, Alon Shvut may be a tiny bit in the West Bank and so the drive may be a tiny bit scary (even though it is totally safe). Second of all, it was nighttime and raining, making the windy roads a lot less fun. Third of all, Eli and Madi both cried almost the entire way home. The first 20 minutes of the ride, the part that is in the West Bank, were NOT FUN but at least I was following David so that made me feel better. Then he turned to Beit Shemesh and I still had 2 highways and 45 minutes of driving ahead of me. Eventually Eli stopped crying that he wanted David, but Madi was still crying for her Mommy. I felt so sorry for her and also really nervous because she tends to hold her breath and pass out when she cries too hard. I was able to distract her slightly by letting her open and close her window.
I had been concerned about how I would get 3 sleeping children into the house in the pouring rain, but at least that wasn't a problem since none of them were sleeping when we got home! As soon as we got inside, Simon announced that he was going to bed and off he went. I love that kid! Eli went to bed also with little argument but Madi was having none of it. She was in a great mood as long as I didn't try to put her in bed, so I let her watch Dora for 2 hours until Huvi got back.
Then Huvi and I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning talking which was so nice but made us so tired the next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment