

We are usually running really late on Sunday mornings, but today somehow we managed to get out the door and I had both kids at gan before 8:30. I think that is a record for us on a Sunday morning.
David picked the kids up and we had a pretty quiet afternoon. Eli was in a terrible mood and I thought he felt kind of warm and feverish. He was just sitting at the table with his lunch in front of him crying so I asked him if he wanted to go lie down and he just nodded his head through his tears. It was very sad. David gave him some motrin and set him up in bed with Little Einsteins on the computer. Apparently the motrin kicked in really quickly because within about 20 minutes he was bouncing up and down and back to his happy self. David lay down with him in an attempt to get him to sleep, but I don't think he ever actually went to sleep.
While they were "resting," Simon and I were very busy. First, we played Sorry on the Wii. It takes WAY longer to play it on the Wii than it does in real life, especially if you are playing as 4-players when there are really only 2 of you. Then we played Battleship and then Connect Four and then I decided it was enough. We went to Home Center to buy a much-needed new garbage can for the kitchen. Simon also convinced me to buy a panda-bear garbage can for the kids' bathroom. It would have really matched the panda stool that we used to have in Boston.
After Home Center, we went to the Chocolate store to buy cupcakes with pink frosting to bring to the Cohens in honor of their new baby girl. We went to bring the cupcakes and Simon politely pretended to be interested in seeing the baby and then he and Boaz ran off to play.
We couldn't stay too long because we had to come home to get David and Eli and then we drove up to Ceaseria to meet our old neighbors from Boston, Ben and Gab and their kids, for dinner at Agenda, our favorite restaurant in a gas station. It was SO SO SO nice to see them and to catch up. We reminded Simon and Harrison that they used to yell goodnight out the window to each other every night, which they both thought was funny but neither of them remembered. Eli and Siona took to each other right away and were best friends. The JCC in Cleveland Circle should be VERY thankful that we moved away or those two would for sure be wreaking all kinds of havoc together.
Of course I forgot my camera, so these are just a couple of bad pictures taken with phones.
No comments:
Post a Comment