Monday, December 21, 2009

Chanukah Vacation: Days Six and Seven



As I said, we stayed up too late Thursday night so Friday morning some of us were very tired. Alli had slept over at her friend in Beit Shemesh, so she wasn't here. David took Simon and Eli to our shul's Chanukah party for the kids, which Madi didn't go to because she slept too late after her late night with Dora.
Huvi and I did some cooking and straightening up and then when David got back, we braved the weather to go to the supermarket to get the last few things we needed. Later, Alli got back and Huvi and her kids went out for lunch with Freddy's uncle. David went to return the rental car and I tried to finish cooking and entertain Simon and Eli at the same time.
Ariella came back for Shabbos along with her cousin Benji (who slept at Abby's because we were at our limit). We had a really nice time Friday night with good food and good company--Abby and Jonny and kids came for dinner. Huvi and Abby bonding over shoes. Simon, Eli, Jake and Madi literally took every single toy off the bottom 3 shelves in the playroom and also trashed Eli's room. I wouldn't let Abby stay to help clean up because I hate when other people clean the playroom since I have a system and know where everything is supposed to go. I focused on that room, while Alli acted as drill sargeant and between her, Simon and Eli, they made Eli's room spotless. David, Huvi and Ariella worked magic on the kitchen and living room and somehow we all went to bed with the place being clean!!
Sadly for me, I woke up SICK on Saturday morning. And it involved vomit. I spent the entire day in my room trying not to vomit anymore. Eli came to visit me ocassionally but everyone else kept their distance. Benji and Ariella stuck their heads in to say goodbye after Shabbos--I apologized for being the worst hostess ever!
David took Alli, Huvi and Madi to visit Vered and to get some candy for Alli after Shabbos and then all too soon it was bedtime and then the Cohens left in the morning. Simon and Eli were really sad to say goodbye. Eli said "but it was so short for Madi here" meaning that she was here for such a short time! It did go by awfully quick, but it was SO nice to see them.

No comments: