There are no better words to describe our weekend than perfectly lovely! Since it was just going to be us for dinner Friday night, we decided that we would have spaghetti with meat sauce and some roasted cauliflower and pumpkin and nothing else. David made the meat sauce in the morning so we really didn't have any cooking to do in the afternoon since we were going to be out for lunch.
So after the kids came home, we ate a quick lunch and then we went to Park Herzliya. David and the boys often go there on Friday afternoons but I am usually stuck at home cooking and cleaning, so this was a nice change. We were meeting the Klahrs there but they wanted to be sure to stay away from the main play area since Boaz has had the chicken pox and they didn't want to expose anyone (Simon and Eli have been vaccinated so I don't really care, but apparently a lot of kids here haven't been vaccinated). We got there first, so we went to play on the slides and swings for a little bit. Simon really wanted me to go with him on the slides, but he knows that I am a little afraid of the rope bridges to get to the really tall slide so he was nice enough to tell me that we didn't have to go on it. He did make me go on some of the smaller rope bridges but he would go first and then turn around and encourage me as I was going. I think he thinks I am a huge wuss, which I am. Also, my shoes kept slipping off so it was hard for me to walk across the ropes!
Eli was very tired and kept saying that he wanted to sleep, so he went on one of the big swings and just lay down while David pushed him.
When the Klahrs got there, we went to the fish pond to feed the fish, which the kids love to do. When we ran out of bread, the kids managed to find a tall mountain of dirt and they decided it would be good to pretend it was a slide and slide down it many many times. By the time we realized what they were doing, they were already filthy. Shortly after that, we decided it was probably time to leave.
We came home just in time for Shabbos and had a really nice dinner after the kids were bathed and rid of all the filth that they had brought home from the dirt mountain. I'm not sure what happened after that becuase I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30pm! I was justfied in going to sleep then since I hadn't actually slept at all the night before. Just as I was going to bed--at 1:00am--Simon came in to our room because there was a mosquito in his room and he didn't want to sleep there. Then my phone rang...it was Tali--I had to go stay with Boaz and Uri because she was going to the hospital to have her baby! I just had to stay until her parents got there from Jerusalem. Of course, as soon as she and Arjon left for the hospital, Uri woke up and was NOT happy to see me. He calmed down after a few minutes but didn't want to go to bed, so I let him watch a movie on the couch. Tali's parents were there by 2:30 or so, but when I got home I was wide awake and stayed up for the rest of the night. I went back to bed when David took the kids to gan and slept for an hour, so by 6:30pm I was ready for bed!!
As I was falling asleep on the couch, I was vaugely aware of the kids playing. I heard Simon say to Eli, "what are you doing with those chairs? Are you setting them up like gan?" And then Eli said "yes. I will be Gan Frieda and you will be Miriam."
This morning we all slept until almost 8 and then we all went to the shul for the first time in a long time. I took Eli to the children's service even though he really wanted David to take him. I just really like the songs! He got over my presence and had fun. After shul, we went to the park for a bit and then went to the Hassans' for lunch. It was just us and them and was really really nice. Simon and Eli and Uri all played really really nicely together. We stayed until 4:00 and then we all went to the park until Shabbos was over.
And, then, for the first time ever, Simon and Eli cleaned up the mess they had made in the playroom ALL BY THEMSELVES. I haven't checked yet to see what kind of job they did, but still, it's progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment