
Ok, so I had some technical difficulties last night and couldn't post, but the wonders of the internet allow me to change the date and time of the posting so it looks like I posted this yesterday! So I will write as if it is yesterday...Simon had a packed and mostly fun day. First, I took him to music class. He had a much better time this week than last week when David took him. He was singing along and dancing and really getting into the class, but the window was open so everytime the T went by you could here it in the room. Everytime he heard it, he would drop what he was doing and run to the window saying "choo choo...choo choo!" He also thought it was time to leave everytime we sang "bye bye" to the instruments and he kept going to the door. When it actually was time to leave, I was getting my bag and he ran out of the room and came back not only with his shoes, but also with mine. I was pretty impressed that he was able to pick them both out from all of the other people's shoes that were in the same place. After music, we went to get a hair cut. That was not so much fun. He cried and cried, but the haircutter managed to do a good job anyway. Here's the sad part--she gave him a lollipop afterwards and he was so excited about it, but I had to take it away from him when we got to the car because I didn't want him to be sitting in the backseat by himself with it since he's really a little too young to eat a lollipop since it is a big choking hazard. I tried to get him to say goodbye to it and throw it out, but he refused so I had to just take it and throw it out. He was SO sad about it and cried the kind of cry where no sound comes out and he can't even breathe. I felt so badly, but he got over it by the time we got home. After lunch, he took a nice long nap and then Jenna came over to say goodbye since she is moving to New York. Simon put on a brave front, but he will miss her (and she is no doubt very excited to have her picture on the blog!!) as will I!! Later, we all went to Grandy and Papu's house for dinner and to see Sarah, Jon and Joshua. Simon was thrilled to see Joshua, but Joshua was not all that excited to see Simon. Hopefully they will get along for the next couple of days. I think Simon will be able to win him over as long as there is no biting or hitting!!! Simon, David and I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year...I'll report on the Rosh Hashana festivities on Wednesday night or Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment