Monday, October 10, 2005

Yummy Yummy Brisket!






Despite his horrible time going to sleep last night, Simon woke up very happy at 8:15am. He woke up saying "Mommy...Mommy...Dadadadadadadada." I think he was somewhat disappointed that David wasn't even here and he had to settle for me. We watched one episode of Barney and then Simon said something that actually sounded a lot like "breakfast" and ran into the kitchen. He ate a whole yogurt and watched the Wiggles and then it was time to go to music class. There was a substitute teacher at music named Loulou. She is one of those people who exaggerates her expressions and looks almost like a cartoon character when she talks (it's hard to explain what I mean, but I really don't mean it in a bad way at all!!) and Simon thought she was absolutely hilarious. She also let the kids in the class play with her guitar at the end so he was very happy about that. After music, we went to Target where Simon threw a humongous fit because I didn't want to open the little train that I got for him until after I paid for it and then it was really hard to open and it took much longer than he wanted it too. I think I should stop taking him to Target because it always involves some sort of temper tantrum. At least this time he wasn't yelling "No, Mommy, Ow" like he did last time. We went home and Simon ate 2 bowls of cholent and some noodle-spinach un-kugel that Jen made and then it was naptime. We read one book together and then I asked him if he wanted to take a book into his crib with him and he said yes. I put him down with a book and said sleep well. He said "n'night, bye." Then I said "love you" and he said "love you." I woke him up a little before 3 so that we could go to see the Krams' new house--I went into his room and he must have been cold while he was sleeping because he was all cuddled up under his quilt and he looked so comfortable. He woke up when I came in and gave me a big huge smile. He was very excited to see Bella and Abby and their new house (which is really nice and only 10 minutes away). He was not so excited to see Jackson, however. One day maybe he will get over his fear of dogs!! From there we went with Shira and Elan to get ice cream. Simon and I shared and he ate it very nicely by himself. He also had a great time trying to make Elan laugh. Then we stopped in at Farrah and Barry's on our way home and he had fun eating raisins, spilling water all over himself and showing Barry how much fun it is to play with window blinds. Finally we got home and he fed himself dinner (see pictures). He had a really fun bath that ended abruptly because I thought he was about to poop in the tub and I just wasn't sure what I was going to do if that happened so I grabbed him out of the tub really fast saying please don't poop in the tub. His response: "no poopy." We read a lot of books and then he went to sleep.

1 comment:

Naava said...

I love the poop in the tub story. Unfortunately for my parents, I'm not so accomodating!!