

So I thought it was a good idea to fly Delta/Air France from Boston-Paris and then switch to El Al for the flight to Israel. But I was very very wrong!!! Luckily we had a 3 hour layover in Paris because it took almost that long to figure out where we were supposed to go which involved walking the length of what seemed like the entire airport at least 5 times with no stroller because the mean Air France people wouldn't give it back to us and said when you gate check something you get it back only at your final destination which totally defeats the purpose, and I'm pretty sure they only said that because we said our final destination was Tel Aviv and I know think everyone in France (or at least all Air France employees) are probably anti-Semitic. For sure the guy in the airport that I asked for help was because there was really no reason for him to be so mean and I think he got meaner after I said the words "El Al and Israel." We did make some friends in the El Al line though and it was so nice to get to the El Al check-in area and hear Hebrew and everyone screaming at each other and basically total chaos in true Israeli style. Also, we wouldn't have survived the flights without the portable DVD player and lots of Baby Einstein and Barney DVDs so that was a very good purchase on David's part. Needless to say, we were VERY happy to arrive!! Mic picked us up at the airport and took us straight to the West Bank (just kidding) and then to their place in Jerusalem. Simon and Shalem were defintely not friends at first sight, but they warmed up to each other after a while. They had some sharing issues and some biting issues (I guess that was really only Simon with the biting) but they also play nicely together with trains and animals. We had a very nice dinner in the Sukkah and then crashed and went to sleep very early. Yesterday was beautiful out--we played in the park instead of going to shul and Simon was SO happy to be outside again. Then we ate lunch with a million people who we didn't know and then we just hung out in the afternoon. While we were eating lunch in the sukkah, Simon only wanted to play outside--he loved seeing all of the cats that are all over the place here. He thought they were all Dora, of course and he was running after them saying "Do-ra...Do-ra...meeeeow" and then as each one ran away, he'd say "Bye Do-ra." Last night, Ayla's mom was very nice and babysat for the crazy little boys and we went to the mall to eat (love it that there is a sukkah in the food court at the mall!!) and see a movie. Clearly, David and I decided to only keep one day of Sukkot seeing as we are in Israel and Mic told us that real Jews only keep one day. Perhaps our punishment for that is that it is POURING today and there is not much to do here when it is raining. Since we did just come from the land of the monsoons (otherwise known as Boston), we aren't afraid of a little rain and we are heading out to go have breakfast somewhere. Later today is Shalem's birthday party...I'll write more later or tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment