






We had a great last day in Israel. Shockingly, we got off to a late start and met up with Mic, Ayla and Shalem in the Old City where we walked around, did some shopping, ate lunch, took lots of pictures. For some reason Simon thinks the Kotel is actually called "taco" and when we were leaving he said "bye, taco." He and Shalem made huge messes of themselves eating popsicles (another word that Simon says very cutely). After the Old City, we just hung out at Mic and Ayla's place and got take-out for dinner and Matt came over to say goodbye. I finally got my plain Israeli schnitzel that I was waiting for--it wasn't in a pita, but it was still good! We left for the airport at 3:45am--the cab driver gave us a small Israeli flag to put in our car because, as he said, our bodies might be in America, but our hearts are in Israel! The trip home was very very very long and I currently have been more or less awake for 27 hours, so I suppose I should go to sleep!! Simon seemed happy to be home--he saw all of his toys and said "WOW!!" And he went to bed with no complaints at around 10pm. He slept for almost the whole flight from Paris to Boston, so I'm not sure how long he will sleep now. He's going to daycare tomorrow, so hopefully he'll get back on some kind of schedule fairly easily. I can't believe our trip is over--we had such a great time and can't wait to go back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment