Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Simon and Shalem Say "No Torah!"


Simon and Shalem were not very impressed by Simchas Torah. I bought them little stuffed torahs and everytime we tried to give either of them the torah to hold, they would throw it and say "no torah!" Simon at least stayed awake for the tour around the neighborhood shuls on Monday night and he even danced with Mic at one place. Shalem was asleep in his stroller! Yesterday we got a bit of a late start (that seems to be the theme of our trip) and went to shul for a little while and then had lunch at the LaRomme with a whole lot of people from Ayla's family. Surprisingly, Simon sat in a high chair and ate a huge lunch of pasta and meatballs and avacado and carrots. I guess he was feeling better from his throw-up incident in the middle of the night the night before (I'm not even going to write about that because it was too gross). When we got back to Mic and Ayla's after lunch, the boys played for a while and then we gave them a bath together so that we could have pictures to embarrass them with when they are older! Yehuda, Lisa and Lea Septimus came over--Simon was definitely nicer to Lea than he is to Shalem. I don't know whether it is because she is a girl or because she is much smaller than he is. But he did the cute thing where he tilts his head to the side and says "hi" in a squeaky voice, sort of imitating the way adults talk to babies. When Simon went to bed last night, he refused to go in the crib, so David asked him where he wanted to sleep and he pointed to David's bed. David said ok and put him in. Simon pulled the covers up to his neck and went to sleep. When I went to move him so that we could go to bed, he had falled out of the bed and was sleeping peacefully draped over a pillow on the lower trundle bed. It was really cute. I hope he is willing to sleep in his crib again when we get home!! Today we are going to do some last minute shopping and then Mic is taking us on a tour of the Old City. We are leaving for the airport at 4am:( For some reason I can't get the computer to recognize the camera so I guess I'm not posting any pictures now. Sorry!!

No comments: