Thursday, February 02, 2006

Broken Nose

This morning when Simon woke up and David went to get him, Simon sneezed about 10 times and then said "nose broken. Mommy fix it." He meant that his nose was stuffed and he wanted me to give him a tissue.
He had a very good day at Yaya's house although apparently he is now very afraid of Allistair who is the 1-year old who bit him a couple of weeks ago. Pam told me that she gets Simon to take naps now by telling him that it is Shabbos! She said it's been working pretty well so far but that he does get a sort of confused look on his face like he knows that's not quite right.
David was in Plaistow today so he brought home 2 new trains for Simon. He only gave him Toby and we are going to give him James on the plane tomorrow night. He was VERY excited and recognized Toby right away.
Simon also talked on the phone to Avi and Danielle tonight. He very clearly said (with a little bit of prompting from David) "hi Gordo, hi Tiny Head." And then Danielle told him that she misses him and he nodded his head and said "yup!" I love when he talks on the phone, it is so cute. I also like when he picks up anything that even remotely resembles a phone and says "'allllooooo!"
After I put Simon to bed, he was quiet for a while and then all of a sudden he started calling for me in a very sad voice. David went in to see what was wrong, but he just kept saying "mommy, mommy, mommy" so I went in too. I was holding him and asked him if he wanted to go in his crib. He said no. I asked him if he wanted Dada to go in his crib and he said yes. We both watching in astonishment as David lowered the bar and climbed in. Simon cracked a little smile and then pointed to the chair for me to sit down with him. I asked him if he wanted to go in the crib with Dada and he whispered no. I think it kind of freaked him out. David left and I sat with Simon for a few minutes until he said "in cribby" and then he went to sleep.
(Tonight my no picture excuse is just that I forgot to take any)
We are going to Florida tomorrow, so I may not post again until Sunday when we get back.

No comments: