Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Who's That Man?



Simon is suddenly full of questions and full sentences. He always needs to know "Mommy, what doing?" Or "What Dada doing?" And, of course, "What doing Phil?" This morning David was going to Maine, so he left a few minutes before Simon and I left. Simon got very upset and said "me too going! Me too going!" He calmed down when I told him we were going too, but I guess he was nervous that he was going to have to spend another whole day with me.
When I picked him up from Yaya's, he said hi to me and went back to playing. Then, Francesca came over and gave me a big hug and sat in my lap. All of a sudden Simon came running over saying "me too 'ug Mommy!" On the way home, we were stopped at a red light and there was a man walking by on the sidewalk. Simon piped up with "oh, who's that man?" I said "what man?" and he pointed and said "man walking 'dere." Unfortunately I didn't know who the man was, but Simon was satisfied by my answer of "that is a man walking there."
We got home and made noodles for dinner and then I gave Simon a bath. He had a fun time in the bath which I know because he said "fun tubby!" and then he was very good about only reading 2 stories, singing a few songs and going right to sleep. Right before he went to bed, he noticed that I had put his clothes hamper in the hallway so that I would remember to do his laundry. He tried to pick it up and it was way too heavy--he was holding onto the handles saying "oy...oy...can't...do...it" It was very funny!

No comments: