Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Shower!


This morning in an attempt to try to start getting to work on time again, we woke Simon up at 7:15. We're never doing that again--I don't care how late I get to work, he is sleeping until he is ready to get up. I thought I was bad in the morning, but he is way worse! I felt so badly for him because he was so tired and so unhappy. He didn't want to do anything, he hated all of his clothes and only wanted to wear his pj's and be in the den. The mere mention of Yaya's house caused lots of tears. Then, all of a sudden, after about 25 minutes of miserableness, he just perked up and was totally cheerful and fine. We still didn't leave the house until 8:15 so waking him up early didn't actually save us any time.
When we got home, I went upstairs to change and Simon followed me up. When we were going back downstairs, he looked down the hall at the big mess that Phil the carpenter had made to do the work on my closet and he looked at me very seriously and said "Pheeel deeeed it." Basically he told on Phil. Very cute.
After a dinner of cheesy noodles. ice cream and a hot dog (in that order), I told Simon it was time for a bath. He didn't want a tub and really wanted a shower. Any other time that he has taken a shower, either David or I have taken him in with one of us. I really didn't want to shower then, so I asked him if he wanted to take a shower by himself. He thought about it and then said "yup." He was SO cute and looked like a little tiny midget man in the shower. He insisted on closing the door, so I put soap on his hands and closed the door and watched him take a shower all by himself. I don't know how clean he actually got, but it was just so cute. When he got out, he said "I did it!"

No comments: