Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Playdate with Gordon and Henley




Simon had a lovely Presidents' Day holiday. First, we ate breakfast together. He had a bowl and a half of cheerios and half of my bowl of cinnamon life. Phil the carpenter got here while we were still eating and Simon was very excited to see him and greated him with a very enthusiastic "HI PHIL!" Then we got dressed and I suggested that we clean up some of the toys before Gordon and Henley came over for a playdate. Simon liked that idea and started putting stuff away singing quietly to himself "cleam up...cleam up." He claimed to remember Gordon and Henley, but I think he was truly expecting Gordon the train (a friend of Thomas') to walk through the door so he was kind of disappointed to see that Gordon is in fact a person. The 3 of them had a great time and played really well together. They spent most of the time riding various vehicles up and down our hallway and all around the house. They had the most fun crashing into each other and yelling "CRASH!"
After they left, Simon wolfed down 2 veggie burgers with ketchup for lunch and then took a nap for an hour and a half. He woke up pretty cranky and got really upset with me for giving him water in the wrong cup. He finally got up and showed me which cup he wanted, all with tears streaming down his face.
After he calmed down, we went to run errands. First we went to the Container Store to buy some storage for toys. Simon loved it there and helped me pick out various things. The cashier said to Simon as we were leaving "see ya" and Simon responded with "bye, see ya!" I asked Simon if he wanted to get ice cream and he said "yes, ice cream." So off we went to JP Licks. I ordered him a kiddie cup of oreo ice cream and a chocolate milkshake for myself. They gave us his cup first and he handed it to me and said "Mommy eat it. Simo milkshake." We sat a table and he drank my entire milkshake while I ate a teeny tiny cup of ice cream that I finished in 3 bites.
From there we went to Barnes and Noble to get some books. Simon liked it there too--he picked out a bunch of books to read and then we decided just to buy 3 of them. On the way to the cash register, Simon picked up a truck sticker book and declared "mine." I wanted to at least see the price, but he wouldn't even let me look at it, so I agreed to let him get it rather than have a big fight about it. He really liked playing with it while I got dinner ready so I guess it was a good purchase and I guess he is over his sticker-hating phase.
On the way home, we were stopped at a red light on Route 9 right near Grandy and Papu's street. Simon noticed that and said hopefully "Ducky 'ouse?" I told him that she wasn't home and he was very sad. He got over it by the time we got home and he helped me put stuff away in the new bins that we bought. Then we ate dinner and David came home and gave him a bath and Simon "falleded down" after his bath. He was ok and BrrrBrrr was also ok when he "falleded down" later on too.

No comments: