Thursday, February 23, 2006

No Dada...ONLY Mommy!


Tonight Simon said my favorite thing that he ever says. It was time for him to go to bed and I really wanted David to put him to bed because I was going out with the girls for Jessica's birthday. Simon kept saying "no Mommy read it train book...Mommy sit in chair read it train book." So I agreed to read him one book, which then turned into 2 books. I told him it was time to go n'night and he said no. So I told him if he wanted more books, Dada would come and read them to him. He looked me straight in the eye and very solemnly declared my favorite words "No Dada, ONLY Mommy Mommy." Aside from loving when he picks me over David (not that we are competitive or anything), I also think it's cute when he repeats the last word of sentences, which he does a lot like when he doesn't want to have his diaper changed and he says "no di-pouh di-pouh."
Also, Simon's new favorite song along with Take Me Out to the Ballgame is the Chicago Bears Fight Song. He asks for it every night before he goes to bed.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Thank you for admitting to what all mothers feel- it rocks when the kid picks us over Daddy! Wahoo!