Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Simon likes to be independent


Today Simon wanted to do everything by himself and make all of his own decisions. The only exception was his clothes which he let me pick out today for the first time in a while. He chose to wear his boots instead of his sneakers (good decision given the 2 feet of snow) and he chose to wear his hat and gloves and then take off his gloves in the car and then put them back on because of the "too cold 'ands."
I'm sure he made plenty of decisions at Yaya's house too and when we got home, first he told me "careful, Mommy, ice" when we were walking up the icy driveway. When we got inside, he insisted on taking off his own jacket and bringing it to the closet to hang up. He instructed me to open the closet door and then something distracted him and he just put his jacket down on the floor and left it.
Next, he asked for some cheese puffs in a bowl and to watch Thomas. I let him do that while I was making dinner and after a few minutes I heard him call out "more please." I told him to bring me the bowl and he did, carrying it very carefully with 2 hands. I gave him some more puffs and watched him walk VERY slowly and carefully back to the couch. I am sitting on the couch now and don't see any crumbs, so I am pretty impressed.
Despite the snack, he ate a whole piece of chicken and a bowl of corn for dinner. He had a fun bath with lots of splashing and now David is putting him to bed.

No comments: