

We spent the weekend trying to catch up on sleep before going back to the grind tomorrow. On Saturday, Simon slept until 9:30 and then had breakfast with David. I got up too eventually and then we went to the Galpers' for lunch. Simon picked two of his trains and told me "I share Elan." I was surprised to hear that and was pretty sure that he was lying, but he actually did share really nicely with him. They were really cute playing together and Simon taught Elan how to wrestle. I think he was happy to be the big kid after being with all of his big cousins on Passover. We got home from the Galpers' around 3:30 and Simon went right in for a nap. We all slept until 6:30 and then we had dinner and played with trains until it was time for bed.
This morning Simon woke up at 8:15 and I got up with him. As soon as I went into his room to get him, he said "hi. No change diaper. I play trains." I didn't feel like arguing with him, so we went straight into the den to play with the trains. I had cleaned them all up the night before, so we had to rebuild the track. Simon kept handing me pieces of track and saying "you need it this one, Mommy?" After playing for a little while, Simon declared "breakfast!" and we went to eat. He had a bowl of cereal and I couldn't decide what I wanted, so I just sat at the table with him. He said "you no eating, Mommy?" and then offered me a bite of his cereal. He's so caring.
After breakfast, we got dressed and went to music class. I was very disappointed to see that Colleen wasn't there and Julia was substituting, but it was actually a good class. Simon had a great time. He sat quietly in my lap for the first few minutes and then spent most of the time running around the room half singing and half shouting. At one point, he ran to look out the window and then ran to me excitedly saying "I see Mommy car!" and then "I see Josh car!" I looked out the window too and sure enough there was a Honda Odessey in the parking lot, which is the same car that Josh has.
After music, we went to Russo's to buy some vegetables and fruit. Simon picked out some cucumbers and some raspberries. He held the raspberries all the way home and then asked to eat them when we got home. He ate the entire pint as well as a few pieces of spanikopita (which I asked him to say and he said no). The he had a popsicle and then we went to Stephanie and Yehuda's baby's bris. As soon as we walked into the room and Simon saw the balloons, he kept saying "I want balloon. I want balloon." He told anyone who would listen that he wanted a balloon, so I finally had to snag one for him. Of course, I grabbed a white one and he said "no white one. Want it BLUE one!" In the end we went home with 3 balloons and Simon had a lot of fun running up and down the hallway with the balloons.
After dinner, I wanted to go to the other grocery store to get the stuff that I couldn't get at Russo's. Simon got very sad when I told him I was going and he said "I going too gwo-cew-y store!!" Eventually he agreed to stay home with Dada and BrrrBrrr. When I got home, Simon was sitting on his chair in his room reading his Thomas book out loud to himself. David and I stood outside the door listening where he couldn't see us and it was the cutest thing ever. He was clearly looking at the pictures and identifying all the trains. Apparently, there was a picture of Annie and Clarabel so he kept saying "Annie, Cwa-bel...Annie, Cwa-bel." And then he said "Annie funny? No...Coby funny!" Apparently he made the switch from talking about the trains to talking about his cousins. He's been talking about Coby a lot, which is so interesting since he didn't even see Coby over Passover and hasn't seen him since February.
I read him the Thomas book and the airport book that he loves and then he went to sleep around 8pm--the earliest he's gone to bed by far in a week. I think he is excited to go back to Yaya's house tomorrow. I told him that he's going to see Maria and Pam and all his friends. He said "and Yaya too?" I reminded him that Yaya is away and he said "yeah, Yaya on 'cation." Hopefully he won't be too sad when she's not there in the morning.
1 comment:
What on earth is spanikopita and are you sure you should be feeding it to your son?
Post a Comment