



Simon finally figured out that we weren't actually going to Japan, but rather just to Florida (flo-fli-da is his preferred way of pronouncing it). We got up super early to go to the airport. As we drove into the airport, he got so exicted to see the planes and David told him that he was going on one of them. He got kind of worried and said "Mommy Dada going too?" as if we would let him go alone! I think he was actually sad that David didn't come with us, but he is coming down tomorrow. Grandy and Papu were on our flight, so that was fun for Simon. He sat with Grandy for a few minutes until the flight attendants said that I had to be sitting with him despite the fact that we were all traveling together even though we didn't have seats all together. So, Simon and I went back to our seats and Simon looked at the woman sitting in the aisle next to us and said "oh...hi Savti!" The flight was a little bit bumpy as we were landing and Simon was sitting very still in his seat going "whoa...whoa...wheeeeeee!" And then it got smooth and he said "again again!!" Clearly he has not inherited my fear of flying, which is a good thing.
We went from the airport to visit Granny and Grandpa. It turns out that Simon CAN say Grandy and he actually calls my mom Ducky on purpose. We discovered this when I asked him who Granny was and he very clearly said "Grandy." I guess it confused him when I said she's not Grandy because later on he was calling both Granny and Grandpa "Grampa." He had a great time playing on their porch and running all over the place with his train, Diesel. At one point Diesel must have done something bad because I heard Simon say "no, Diesel. NUNCA! Time out Diesel!"
We left G&G's around 3:30 and went to Savti and Zaidie's house. Simon was thrilled to see Annie and they have been playing really nicely with only a few fights. Simon got her in a headlock because she took one of his cars--she sort of growled at him and he let go. At least he didn't try to bite her. They also took a shower together, which was very cute, and not yet inappropriate since they are only 2!
1 comment:
Did Simon inherit your fear of elevators???
Post a Comment