Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Circles!


Simon was thrilled to go back to Yaya's house today. When he first got there, Francesca came running over to him and he said "No Cesca, go away!" He got over that pretty quickly and ran to the couch so that he could wave bye to me through the window. Cesca and Hiroki were on the couch too and they were all waving to me through the window. I couldn't hear Simon, but I could read his lips as he pushed Francesca's hand away and said "NO, MY MOMMY."
When I picked him up, he was having a lot of fun playing with Felix and jumping on the couch. Pam told me that he had a few time-outs today for rough-housing. I said he learned that from his cousin Annie. In the car on the way home, I asked Simon who he played with today. He said "Cesca and Pam. And Yaya." I guess he is in denial that Yaya isn't actually there.
When we got home, David was already home. Simon went straight to the freezer and asked for a popsicle. He ate it as well as 2 pickles and some challah while we were getting dinner ready. Then he ate a big bowl of soup and some chips. I was making salad and I gave him a circular slice of cucumber. He didn't want it so David ate it. Then Simon decided that he did want it, but I had already cut the rest of the cucumber into smaller pieces. I gave him a piece and he threw it down and said "No 'dis one. I want it CIRCLE cucumber!" I had to hold 2 pieces together to make a circle in order for him to eat it.
He also sort of knows how to draw a circle. He was playing with a little chalkboard thing that TK gave him--I wrote his name and then he was scribbling around it. He kept saying "circles circles" and I looked and sure enough he had drawn some circles--they were sort of misshapen, but were definitely circles!
I gave Simon a bath, during which David came into the bathroom with a big ladder to change the lightbulb. Simon very much enjoyed watching "Dada climbbing up 'dere fix it light!"

No comments: