
Yesterday when I picked up Simon, he ran over to me at the gate and said "Mommy, Josh pushed Simon!" Josh was already getting yelled at by his mom and Simon didn't really seem to be all that upset about it. He had to say goodbye to everyone because he's not going to see them for a week since daycare is closed next week. We went home to finish cooking for Shabbos. I was making chicken and heating up the meatballs that David had made on Thursday night. Simon took 4 pots out of the drawer and stood on his tiptoes to put them on the stove. Then he took out covers for them (none of which were the right size) and said "I cooking too!"
We all ate dinner together, during which we sang lots of songs, including the hello song from music class. We had to sing hello to everything in sight. David and I were singing and Simon was just pointing to things that we should sing about and cracking up when we did it. After dinner, he had a bath and went to bed.
This morning, Simon woke up around 8 calling for me. I knew he was going to be mad if David went to get him, but I was so tired and begged David to go anyway. I heard Simon throw a fit and tell David to go away, but somehow David convinced him to settle for him instead of me. I went back to sleep and didn't hear anything from them until 10:30 when they had just gotten out of the shower. I heard Simon say "move over Mommy" and he got into bed next to me. We played for a little bit and then Simon and David went for a walk. When they left, they were both wearing Cubs hats and sunglasses and it was very cute. When they got back, we ate a quick lunch and then read some books and then it was naptime. Simon said he didn't want to take a nap, but then he didn't argue when I took him into his room. We read Quiet Loud and then I put him in his crib with the book. He lay down, settled BrrrBrrr next to him and then picked up the book and showed it to BrrrBrrr and said "Quiet Loud" and then started turning the pages. I don't think he read for very long because I heard no noises at all coming from him room. He slept for 3 hours. I went into his room shortly after 4:30 to see if he was up because we were supposed to meet Annie, Avner and Joshy at the park at 5. He must have just woken up because he was lying in his crib with his eyes open. He popped up when I came in and was very excited by the prospect of going to the park and seeing Joshy. We first had to wake up David, which proved somewhat difficult, but finally Simon just sat on top of him and yelled "GELL UP DADA." That worked pretty well and we headed out to the park.
Simon had a great time playing with Joshy. They basically just ran back and forth across one of the climbing structures over and over again and went down the slide a few times and through a tunnel. Simon went into the tunnel first, but Joshy came out first somehow and then he sort of knelt down by the exit to make sure Simon could get out ok--it was so cute. Neither of them wanted to leave, but by 6:30 it was really cold so it was time to go.
We got home and Simon opened the fridge and said he wanted meatballs for dinner. I took them out to warm up and then he opened the freezer and picked out a popsicle. I said he could eat it while the meatballs were warming up, but he took about 2 licks of it and then kept saying "meatballs meatballs meatballs meatballs" so I gave them to him even though they were still pretty cold. He ate 6 meatballs which is a lot for him. He also drank a whole glass of orange juice without spilling it at all. He made up a song about dipping fingers in oj and he suddenly stopped singing it and said "you like it song Mommy?" I told him that I did and he kept singing.
After dinner, he had a bath and then he brought me the 2 photo albums that are out in the living room and said "see pictures." We looked at pictures from our trip to Israel and our trip to Vail and then it was time for bed. We sat in his rocking chair for a couple of minutes and I asked him if he wanted to sing any songs. He said "no, just cribby please." I guess he was tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment