Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Japan



This evening I asked Simon if he knew what we were doing tomorrow. He looked at me quizically, so I told him that we are going on a trip. His eyes lit up as if he suddenly remembered and he said "I going Japan!!" I said not Japan, but that Hiroki went to Japan. He said "Doki Japan. I going Japan too?" I reminded him that we were going to Florida. He didn't seem impressed. Then, when I was putting him to bed, I asked him where we were going tomorrow. He immediately said "Fra-ri-da!" We had a whole long talk about going on the plane with Duckie and Papu. First Simon said "airplane in clouds." Then he said "no window airplane" clearly remembering the Air Tran fiasco where we had to sit in the last row with no window. I told him he could sit next to the window if he wants and he said "Mommy window too?" I told him he would have his own seat and I could sit next to him. He said "Mommy own seat too? Duckie Papu own seat too?" He was just making very sure that he won't have to sit on anyone's lap. He also asked if we could bring Bertie the bus and his milk on the plane too. I think my bag is going to be very heavy with all of the trains and cars that I know we are going to have to bring. I packed Simon his own suitcase, which left me with so much room in mine-I guess I will have to take a trip to the purse lady:)
When we got home from Yaya's house, Farrah stopped by to drop off Simon's birthday present. She got him a doctor's set and he loves it. I don't think he has any idea what it is, and mostly he likes to just put everything in the bag that it came with and carry it around like a purse (I guess he gets that from Joshua) and occasionally take out the thermometer and pretend it's an airplane.
Before Simon went to bed, he watched a video of Bailey dancing on the computer (she is really funny when she dances) and then he kept asking for something and we couldn't figure out what he was saying. Finally, David realized that he was asking for Matzah and he wanted to watch the JibJab matzvah video again. We watched it twice--he practically knows it by heart and he throws out some of the sound effects right before they actually happen.
Before his bath, Simon was running around wearing just his diaper and his Thomas kippah--he looked so cute, as you can see in the picture. He makes a good frummy. This was the longest period of time that he ever kept it on his head.
Gotta go to bed since we are waking up at the crack of dawn, so goodnight! Next post from sunny (I hope) Florida!

No comments: