Yesterday, Sheryl gave me a book to give to Simon. Someone had given it to one of the people who she works with in the Ukraine only the guy didn't want to give it to his kids because he is very religious and the book has pictures of pigs in it. Simon noticed the book in my bag right away and said "ooh, book for Simon!" He loves this book and took it with him to daycare today. When I left, he had plopped himself down in Pam's lap and said "you read it book." He also read it in the car on the way home and said "Simon sit in booster seat home and read it book." So when we got home, he went straight to the kitchen table, sat down on a chair (not in his booster seat--he changed his mind about that one) and started to read. He pointed to the chair next to him and told me to sit down and read the book to him. That was fine except I had to pee SO badly and he would hear none of it when I asked him if I could read him the book after I went to the bathroom. I tried taking him with me to the bathroom, but he screamed "NO BATHROOM." I felt badly abandoning him because he was getting very upset. Finally, I said very firmly "Simon, I have to go right now. You can either come with me or sit here and wait." He acted as if he hadn't been throwing a fit for the past 10 minutes and very calmly said "I wait."
He ate a decent dinner while standing on a chair at the table heavily engrossed in watching That 70's Show. Then I gave him a bath and David was going to put him to bed. Simon got very upset and said "No Dada, ONLY Mommy put me n'night." I was ok with that because it meant David had to clean up the kitchen. I guess David made Simon feel guilty though because after I read him books and we had turned out the light and were singing songs, he suddenly whispered very quietly "only Dada." I didn't say anything and then he yelled "I WANT DADA." This made David very happy, so he came back and finished putting Simon to bed. He had already cleaned a lot of the kitchen, so it worked out pretty well for me too!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment