
This morning Simon woke up around 8. David had already left to practice softball before his first game. Simon and I ate a yummy breakfast of a wrap with ketchup and melted cheese. Simon also asked for yogurt in a bowl and then didn't eat any of it. It's possible that it didn't taste good because the expiration date was March 21.
After breakfast, we got dressed and then went to watch 5 minutes of the softball game before going to music class. Simon looked adorable in his sunglasses. He wasn't so interested in the softball game, but he was very interested in the munchkins from Dunkin Donuts--he had two. I told him it was time to go to music class and he said "donuts go too?" We got to music class a little bit late. Lately Simon has been seeming very overwhelmed at music class. I remember when we first starting going when he was about 9 or 10 months old, all the kids would be sitting in their parents' laps and Simon would be right in the middle of the circle directly in front of the teacher. Now he sits in my lap and when it's time to get up and dance or do anything, he makes me pick him up. He always gets more into it by the end of the class and he says he has a good time, so I guess we will keep going!
We got home and I wanted to give Simon a snack before going to Ori's birthday party, since I figured he wouldn't eat anything there. He ate TEN mini-waffles with jelly. They come in sets of 4, and he ate the first 4 very quickly and said "more waffles please." I was washing the dishes while he was eating the 2nd set and couldn't believe it when he said again "finished. More waffles please." When it was time to go to the party, David told him that we were going to Ori' 1st birthday party. Simon said "Simon's birthday!" David told him that it's actually Ori's birthday and Simon said "happy birthday to Ori and Simon." He carried the present to the car and held it on the way to the party and then brought it in and gave it to Ori and said happy birthday to him. He had a great time at the party playing with Zachary and some other kids that we didn't know. It was a fun party--they took a picture of all of the kids (and parents too) and then everyone made and decorated picture frames out of cardboard and they printed out the picture to put in the frame. Simon and I made a nice frame together and Simon colored on Ori in addition to the frame.
After the party, Simon was exhuasted and slept from 3 until 5:30. I had gone to Target and when I got back Simon was going crazy. He was playing with the blocks that Ben and Jessie got him, but he actually likes the box that they came in better than the blocks themselves, as you can see in the video!
1 comment:
Why do we waste money on the toys when all they really want is the box???
Post a Comment