Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Passover

I'm not sure that I can write so much because I am very full of matzah and bad cake (actually, most of the cake has been pretty good considering that it is Passover food). Simon is having a great time in Florida. He didn't stay up for either seder--in fact, I missed most of the first seder because I was putting Simon to bed and he refused to go in the crib. He really wanted to sleep in the bed, which was fine, but everytime I tried to leave he put on a pitiful face and said "no Mommy peeese stay!" So I had to. Other than that one episode, he's been a really good boy. He plays very nicely with his cousins even when Annie body-checks him and knocks him over. He spent a lot of time playing outside and he even got to play with Isaac (our friends' Rina and Avi's son) and meet Isaac's baby brother, Ben. Simon wasn't so interested in Ben, but he liked Isaac even though he thought he was his friend Josh from daycare at first. He also keeps calling Annie Jasmine, which is funny because Annie is about 4 times the size of teeny-tiny Jasmine.
While Simon is definitely having fun, he has been asking about Yaya's house as he always does when we are away. I told him that when we get home and he goes to Yaya's, she won't be there because she is going away for 2 weeks. I said Pam and Maria will be there. He said the following: "Yaya, no Yaya. Pam, Maria, kids at Yaya's house Simon too. Julius too?" Julius is the baby that Maria takes care of now that she no longer works at Yaya's full-time. I was very impressed with Simon putting all of that together.
Today, we went swimming for the whole morning. Simon LOVES the pool and he can "swim" by himself in an inner tube. He thought he could also swim by himself even without it and David was holding him and kept saying "do it self, do it self" without realizing that he doesn't actually know how to swim.
After lunch, eaten outside (Simon has convinced us to give him almost all of his meals outside---hopefully it will be warm enough when we get home to continue this because he has been eating really well), Simon napped until 5pm. Then we had a bbq for dinner and then the 3 of us went to visit Agi and Phyllis, Ronny, Cary and Byron at their hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Simon was very shy at first, but then he warmed up when Phyllis took him to get a lollipop. There was some very bad magician show going on there, which Simon got very engrossed in. He was dancing to the 80's music that was playing in the background. As the music got slower, he would dance in slow motion. Very cute.
Ok, I'm too tired to try to remember anything else that has happened, so good night! I'm having some pictures issues, so no pictures for now. But here are two videos of Simon swimming and one of Mia stating the obvious about herself:


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

No comments: