Simon was playing with his trains and he shared them really nicely with another little boy, Patrick and his sister Beatrice. They were all playing outside after class but when it was time to go we realized that Percy (the train) was missing. Beatrice had been playing with him and she said she didn't remember where she put him. Her dad told her that they couldn't leave until they found Percy and they were all helping to look. It was starting to look like Percy wasn't going to turn up and Eli was crying and I wanted to go so I said that it wasn't a big deal even though it kind of was a big deal since those trains cost $20!! Just as I was about to give up, Beatrice suddenly remembered that she had put Percy inside part of the fire engine play structure so the crisis was averted.
When we got home, Simon went almost immediately in for a nap--I only had to go back into his room once and that was so that he could ask me if he could drink his milk. He wasn't sure if it was fresh milk or old milk. He slept until almost 6 again. Shira, Dave and Elan came over for dinner in the sukkah and then Simon taught Elan how to play football in the backyard.
Today after school we went to Julian's house to play and Andrew came too. The 3 of them are going to play together every Wednesday and we are going to rotate houses. Last week we went to Andrew's and next week they will come here. They play really well together and I was proud of Simon because at one point Julian was bothering him and he looked like he was about to hit him--all I had to do was say "Simon..." and then he looked at Julian and said "can you please stop doing that" and Julian said "sure" and stopped. Simon ate dinner at Julian's so when we got home he had a bath right away and was in bed before 8. Unfortunately, at 8:15 when I had just started to feed Eli, Simon started crying for me. David went into his room but Simon wanted nothing to do with him and only wanted me. He told David that he was going to sit on his bed and wait for me and cry. It was SO sad--I could hear through the monitor. He did eventually stop and when Eli was finally done (a full hour later), I went into to Simon's room and he was asleep on his bed but facing the wrong way. He woke up when I came in so I picked him up and sang him HaTikvah a couple of times and put him back to bed. Poor thing, that was all that he wanted and he had to wait so long for me to come in. I told him that we would do something fun after school tomorrow and he said "like what?" I asked what he wanted to do and he said play with cars and trucks and choo-choos and dump them all out and make a big mess! Great--I can't wait, especially since I literally spent three hours today cleaning this pig sty and it finally looks like it did before I had no time or energy to clean!
I took a break from cleaning long enough to take a couple of pictures of Eli today:

No comments:
Post a Comment