We had a very low-key last days of Sukkos. On Friday night and Saturday lunch we stayed in our pajamas and ate ready-made food from the Butcherie and stuffed cabbage that Mama made. Friday night I was the best wife ever and let David sleep from 8:30pm until 7:30am. Eli (and I) slept from 9:30-2:30 and then he wouldn't settle down back in his crib so I took him downstairs and put him in the swing and I fell asleep on the couch from 3:30-6:30 and then I went to bed and David got up when Eli woke up at 7:30. Simon woke up around 8 and David had both of them until 9:30 when David said he just couldn't keep Simon downstairs anymore because all he had wanted to do since he woke up was come see me. On Saturday night we all went to Washington Square Minyan for Simchat Torah. Even David agreed to go there because they were serving wings! We had fun and Simon danced with the torah and got to see Farrah. David told him that we were going to see Barrah and Farry and Simon said "NO!! We will see FARRAH and BARRY!"
On Sunday morning, David had both kids again and I could hear Eli screaming around 8. Next thing I knew, a little head was peeking around the door to my room and Simon tiptoed over to my bed and whispered "Mommy...it's too loud downstairs." We hung out upstairs until David and Eli came to find us. David took Simon to shul and then Eli and I met up with them at the Galpers for a big barbecue. Simon had fun playing and fell on his head for the second time in 48 hours on David's watch. At least this time it wasn't directly David's fault as it was on Friday when David literally dropped him as he was lifting him off of the counter after they both washed their hands. Their hands were slippery and he slipped out of David's grip. Later that night Simon reported that David "dropped my head."
Today we went to music class after school. During the butterfly song, Laura (the teacher) had a butterfly finger-puppet and Simon asked her if he could touch it, so she brought it over to him while she was singing and he touched it and she started to walk away. He said "can I kiss it?" so she came back and he kissed one wing and she started to walk away again and he said "wait, I need to kiss the other (pronounced d'odder) wing too!" Then during the goodbye song when they did "goodbye to Simon...goodbye to Elijah" and then continued on with the other kids' names Simon got upset and said "and goodbye to my mommy too!" so Laura added that in and then he wanted "goodbye to Baby Brudder too." He also wanted to put Baby Brudder in the box with the instruments when they were putting the instruments away.
When we left music class, Simon said "where is Yaya's house?" because he recognized that we were right near by. I pointed it out to him, 2 houses away from where we parked the car, and he asked if we could go. I knew it was naptime there so I told him that I didn't think we should go because probably everyone was sleeping. He said "we go check they are sleeping." We knocked on the door, but they didn't answer and I didn't want to ring the bell because I'm sure they were all sleeping, so I told Simon we'd go back another day and he said ok. We came home and found that the new train tracks and Roundhouse that we had ordered for him for taking good naps last week had come. He really wanted to open it so I told him he could only if he promised that he would take a nap as soon as I said it was time. He promised and actually complied. He slept for about 2 hours and woke up in a great mood. We realized that the roundhouse and its tracks could connect to the quarry and its tracks so we set it all up and played until David got home.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment