Friday, October 20, 2006

Back to School Night



Last night David and I went to back to school night at the JCC. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but it was really fun. Simon's teachers gave each parent a piece of paper listing several things that their child typically says or does during the day and we were supposed to be the child as they showed us what a typical day is like. Our piece of paper said that Simon always says "I want to do ABC song loud" when they sing it quietly, that he hugs Lindsey during circle time and he smiles a lot when they sing "good morning to Simon" during the good morning song. It was great to hear about what they do all day since getting Simon to tell me what goes on is like pulling teeth. There are a couple of songs that they sing that I'd never heard Simon sing so we tested him when we got home and he knew them.
This morning I had to take Simon to school and of course Eli was screaming in the car. We got there at the same time as Julian and his mom, Audra, offered to stay with Eli so that I didn't have to schelp him inside with the carseat and everything in the rain. It was so nice of her. I took Simon and Julian in--they ran down the hall and gave Dana a huge hug and then Simon barely even glanced at me to say goodbye. While I was mildly insulted, that is much better than him crying and not wanting to stay.
When we got home, Simon saw a bag from Target in the living room and asked me what was in it. I said I had bought a couple of shirts for myself and one for him. The one for him says "I tried to be good but I got bored" and I just couldn't resist it. I showed it to him and he said "I don't need it. I already have a shirt." We ate vegetable noodle soup for lunch and then played with trains for a little while and then both boys went to take naps. I'm not sure whether Simon is actually sleeping but he's been quiet for 1/2 an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I just checked your blog. I read it once a long time ago but it was fun to see the pictures of the boys now, Sooo big. We are coming to Boston for a week before making aliyah in December. I will have Judah let you know the dates when we know. By the way how do you post your videos on your blog? Say hi to David...Karen Levine