Friday, October 13, 2006

The Tunnel Song

This morning David had to be downtown at 8:15 so I had to get Simon ready and take him to school. I have a vague recollection of David getting out of bed but he didn't make sure I was awake before he left. Eli woke up at 8 (which is when Simon is supposed to be at school)--don't get excited, he had only been asleep since 6:30 and he was up at 3:30 and at 12:30--so we were already running late. Somehow I fed Eli, got dressed, got him dressed and woke up Simon and got him dressed and we were out the door at 8:42. I was carrying Eli in his carseat, my bag, Simon's backpack, Simon's lunch, his Thomas magazine and a sippy of apple juice and trying not to drop anything--we were halfway out the door when Simon said "wait, you need your water" and he ran to grab my big cup of water from the living room. It was sweet of him, but it was really the last thing I needed since I had no more hands to hold anything! Simon looked a little bit sad when I left him at school, but he didn't cry and he gave me a kiss and said goodbye.
Eli barely slept all day so I didn't get much done in the way of finishing my big cleaning project. The downstairs is still clean, but upstairs is still a big mess and will probably stay that way until next Wednesday when Simon is at school all day again.
We picked up Simon at 4--he was having a great time playing outside. I put Eli's carseat down on the ground and was playing with Simon. 3 of the girls from Simon's class were watching Eli for me and it was very cute until one of them tried to feed him a stick.
While we were driving home, as we pulled up to our house Simon started to cry and said he didn't want to go to Simon's house. I humored him and drove around the block which he found amusing and wanted to do it again and again. Eli had just fallen asleep so I figured driving a bit more couldn't hurt so we drove around for about 15 minutes in circles and then went home.
Simon and I played with trains while Eli slept. Here's some video of Simon playing and singing the "they're going in the tunnel" song that he made up--those are the only words.

After Simon's bath, we were all sitting on the couch and Simon asked to hold Eli. David gave him Eli and Simon gave him a hug and said "who's my good baby brudder?" in the exact same tone that adults speak to babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you had to schlep a car seat, sippy, etc. Try schlepping an EXTRA KID!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell I'm having pre-twin anxiety?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I laughed so hard at the "I don't want to go to Simon's house." Ella says "I don't want to go to Ella's house!"