Thursday, October 19, 2006

Playdates and More Playdates



Yesterday I took Simon to art class after school and made the mistake of mentioning to him at some point during class that Ducky was at our house. He immediately said he wanted to go home and nothing I said could convince him to stay, not more painting, not cookies and not music. When we got out of the car at home, Simon asked me to pick him up. As I carried him up the driveway I asked him why he couldn't walk. He said very seriously "because I don't feel good." So I told him that if he doesn't feel good then he will surely want to take a nap as soon as we get inside. Without missing a beat he said "I feel better now." He played with Ducky for a little while and then Joshy came over for a playdate and Ducky went home.
Simon had fun with Joshy. I was worried that he was going to be upset because in the morning when I told him that Joshy and Annie were coming over, he got really sad and said "Avner not coming too?" and apparently he REALLY wanted to see Avner. But he didn't seem to care that Avner didn't come with them. Joshy was a little bit shy when he first got here and Simon said to me, pointing to Joshy "I want him to talk to me." They played with trains--there's a big surprise--and when it was time for them to go Joshy asked me to leave the tracks just the way they were so that they'd be ready next time he comes over.
Today Simon had his weekly playdate with Andrew. When I picked him up and told him that we had to hurry home because Andrew was coming over, he said "and Julian too?" Julian couldn't come today, but Simon and Andrew had a great time. Simon also loves Andrew's little sister Julia who is 15 months old. He follows her around saying "where you going Julia? You want to come with me Julia?"
Eli had a good day today too--last night he slept from 9:30 until 2am and then woke up again at 4:30 and then again at 6:15. David took him at 6:15 and fed him and got him back to sleep in the swing. I woke up briefly when Simon came to say goodbye to me at 8 and then slept until 9 when Eli woke up. He lay on his gymini for a little while today and loved looking at the hanging toys and he did a lot of smiling and laughing. Very cute!

No comments: