


This morning I said to Simon "guess what we are going to do today?" He said he didn't know and I told him that we were going to go to the zoo with Jessica, Isabella and Abby. His face lit up and he said "we are going to see tigers and maybe a peacock." I was running around getting all of our stuff together to go and Simon was doing something in his room. After a few minutes he yelled "I found it" and I went to see what he was doing. He handed me a book and said "I want to bring this to the zoo." It was the book Peek-a-boo Zoo! Jess picked us up and we all piled into her minivan and headed to the Franklin Park Zoo. We had to wait a while to get in and the kids were all getting pretty antsy. We finally got in and started walking around, but as soon as we saw the zebras and emus Eli started screaming and was clearly hungry. So we went to the play area so that I could feed him. Simon loved it there because there were big wooden trains to play in. And Sophia and Susan happened to be there too which was an added bonus for Simon. We ended up staying there for a long time and then went to eat lunch. As we were getting ready to leave the lunch area, a peacock walked by which was very exciting for Simon. Then we went to see the tigers, the lions and the giraffes. Simon and Abby were running ahead of us and wouldn't stop no matter how many times we yelled "stop" or "freeze." They ran around a bend and we couldn't see them anymore, so Jess and I had to run pushing our strollers to catch up to them. They had spotted the giraffes and were very excited. There had been a sign outside the zoo that said that the giraffes were not out and Jessica had told the kids that the giraffes weren't feeling well and stayed in bed. When we saw the giraffes, Simon said "they are feeling better now."
On the way home from the zoo, Simon and Isabella had a big fight over whether a song was a choo-choo song (that was Simon's opinion) or a Doodlebop's song (Isabella's opinion). Eventually the song just had to be turned off, but even after we got out of the car Simon was still saying "I heard a choo-choo song. Isabella told me not choo-choo song but she not right." When they dropped us off, we got right into our car to go to music class. Laura, the teacher, was talking about something at the beginning of class and Simon interrupted her and said "do you know the banging song?" She asked him which song is the banging song and he said he didn't know. I had no idea what he was talking about either. Eli was awake and looking around for all of music class and I think he really liked it.
When we got home, Simon went for a nap fairly easily and slept until almost 6 when David woke him up. We ate dinner in the sukkah which was nice since the weather is so beautiful. Simon was eating lentil soup and he said to me "I don't like the green pepper." Interesting because there was no green pepper in the soup. He meant that he didn't like the mushroom pieces, but I think he didn't know what they were so he just decided to call them green peppers. I thought it was cute that he specified "green" and not just peppers.
No comments:
Post a Comment