I think Friday was the first day that Simon came home from school at noon and I hadn't made any plans for us for the afternoon. I was a little bit nervous about how it was going to go, but it was fine. We came home and ate lunch and then Simon played for a little bit and then actually agreed to take a nap around 2. He slept until 4:30 and then we played until David got home.
On Saturday, we went to Sam and Skai's for lunch. Simon walked the entire way there even up the huge hill. He looked really cute wearing his hat and mittens. He didn't play so well with Amos, who is about a year younger than he is. They had a big fight over Skai's purse. They fought like men, but, really, they were fighting over a purse. When we got home, (which took a long time because we had to stop and sit on the bench at the Washington Square T stop and wait until a train passed by which took about 15 minutes) Eli stayed asleep in the stroller for a long time, Simon napped for a little while and I finally got to take a nap on a Shabbos afternoon. I only slept for an hour, but it was very nice. Since Simon took a late nap, he was still up when Pam and Barbara came to babysit at 8:00. He was very happy to see them and somehow convinced Pam to leave the light on his room for a few minutes after he went to bed so that he could look at his Thomas magazine (I always tell him to just pretend that he is looking at it and I turn off the light). When she went back to turn off the light, he was sitting up in bed, holding his cup and looking a little bit guilty. She asked him what happened and he said "I got wet." His milk had spilled all over his pj's and his pillow. Pam got him a different pair of pj's (to which he said "those aren't mine" which was a big lie) and put a towel over his pillow since he wasn't able to tell her where to find a clean pillowcase. He said "you'll tell Mommy what happened?" and she assured him that she would. When we got home around 11:30, they said that Eli had been asleep in the swing since about 9. We left him in the swing and he slept until 1:40 and then I don't remember what the rest of the night was like--they are all blending together in a blur of sleeplessness.
On Sunday, David and Simon spent the whole day running errands and getting stuff done around the house, while I did a whole lot of laundry and Eli did his usual eating and sleeping and smiling. Simon and I watched David taking down the sukkah through the window for a little while and then went to help. Simon was a very good helper and spent most of the time sweeping up leaves and riding Sophia's bike.
Yesterday we went to music class after school. Eli was awake through all of it again, but Simon wasn't as clingy to me this time and he had a good time. Both boys took good naps when we got home and I woke them to go to Andrew's for our weekly playdate which got changed from Wednesday this week. I only woke Simon because I knew he really wanted to go, but he was in the worst mood and fought a lot with Andrew and Julian for most of the time that we were there. Things got better by the end and he was in a great mood by the time we got home. He now likes me to sing the song Camp Granada before he goes to bed. He calls it "that funny song" and he seems to have learned all the words even though he's only heard it about 10 times total. He was really tired because he asked to go into bed after just 1 song.
This morning, Simon cuddled in my bed with Eli while David finished getting dressed. It's so cute when he's gentle and loving towards Eli. And Eli loves watching him and doesn't seem too bothered by getting beaten up occassionally.
After school, we went to art class. I had brought Simon lunch to eat in the car but he told me that he wanted to wait and eat it in the playground outside art class. First we sat in the little boat, but Simon said "it's too sunny. Let's go sit on the wall." So we sat on the wall and then he said "no, this not good." So he ran around and played and I followed him and got him to take bites of his lunch. Art class was fun--he made a scarecrow and 2 cats ("a scary cat and a happy cat") and we did his usual making train tracks and trains out of clay. He painted a little bit too and then helped make apple cookies. He requested Baby Beluga during the sing-along and he sang as much of it as he knows very loudly.
Simon took a great nap this afternoon despite his telling me "I not nap. I just going to read my magazine." Unfortunately for me, Eli woke up as soon as Simon went to sleep. He was being really cute and very smiley. I took some pictures, but the camera is dead now so I will post them later or tomorrow. Simon slept until after David got home and we ate dinner and gave the kids baths. After his bath, Simon insisted on wearing his winter hat and gloves and he wanted Eli to wear his too. Too bad the camera was already dead at that point because they were both very cute!
Jill came over before Simon went to bed and as soon as he saw her he said "where is Josh?" so we called Josh so that Simon could talk to him for a couple of minutes. Simon said he wanted Jill to read him books, but he settled for David.
Eli went to sleep at 9:45 so let's all hope and pray that he sleeps for lots of hours...
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment