Last night when I was putting Simon to bed, he was telling me the names of all his friends at school. He said lots of names and then he was quiet for a minute and then said "And Trinkle too." I said "who is Trinkle?" He said "Trinkle. You 'member Trinkle?" I told him that I didn't remember and asked if Trinkle is a boy or a girl. He said girl. Then I asked where Trinkle is now and he said she went home. I asked where she lives and he thought for a minute and then said "with Uncle Jon." Then he told me the following story: "Trinkle went home. Uncle Jon not 'dere. Only Sarah 'dere. And Joshua too. Uncle Jon not home 'cuz he at work. He at work 'cuz he had to buy toys." Simon thinks people go to work so that they can buy toys for him because that's what David told him why he goes to work.
As he was getting into bed, he pointed to a shadow on the wall and said "what's 'dat, 'dere on the wall?" I said it's a shadow. He said "at Jesse's house also shadow on the ceiling." I had no idea what he was talking about but when I told David what he said, David said that when they went to see Yael and Jesse's new apartment earlier there was a shadow on the ceiling and Simon had asked what it was.
He also told me another story about something that happened in school. It went something like this: "Eyal told me no." So I asked why. "I was grabbing him. He was pullin' me. We hit. He was cryin' and I was cryin' too. Then we went BOINK and we laugh."
On Wednesday Simon had a playdate at Andrew's house after school and Julian was there too. They had a great time and Simon ate a really good dinner, so we might have to go there more often. Andrew has a big tool bench with lots of tools that Simon was playing with. Last night, Simon was playing with his own tools and he has a little drill that didn't have batteries in it so it wasn't making noise. Simon said "this drill is broken. Only Andrew's makes noise. Andrew's is cooler. My drill no cool."
Ok, I have to go finish cooking before Eli wakes up and we have to go pick up Simon. Then we are going to buy David's lulav and etrog (it's a good thing that David remembered in the middle of the night last night that we hadn't bought them yet!!) and then we still have to decorate the sukkah.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment